Total Control Products Manual Rack And Pinion Conversion System 260/289/302/351W 1970
Total Control Products Manual Rack and Pinion Conversion System for 1970 Mustangs with a 260, 289, 302 or 351W Engine.
If you need a way to modernize your steering and create more space in your 1970 Mustang’s engine bay, look no further! This Manual Rack and Pinion Conversion System (TCP RCKM324) from Total Control Products is designed to fit classic Mustangs with a 260, 289, 302 or 351W engine.
Features & Benefits:
- Direct Fit Manual Rack and Pinion System for 1970 260/289/302/351W Mustangs with OEM Steering Column
- Complete Kit Contains Manual Rack and Pinion Unit, Steering Column Shaft and Universal Joints and Tie Rod Adapters
- Duplicates the factory travel of 6-3/8”
- Offers the most clearance for the installation of aftermarket headers and exhaust for classic Fords by keeping the steering shaft and universal joints close to the frame rail
- Allows for exact duplication of stock inner tie rod positions to maintain correct geometry
- Maximizes ground clearance by replacing the factory crossmember behind the oil pan
- Stronger in both compression and torsion compared to the factory crossmember, the steel tubing of the rack has a 20% larger diameter than the factory brace of which it replaces
- Offers superior road feel and steering with use of straight-cut gears
- Straight-cut gears drive the rack gear in the desired direction
This Manual Rack and Pinion Conversion System contains a manual rack and pinion unit, column steering shaft and universal joints and tie rod adapters. Designed to maintain correct steering geometry, this system provides a positive and direct steering feel that an OEM unit just can’t compete with. Using quick ratio and straight-cut gears, this rack and pinion achieves a three turn lock-to-lock for better steering control and response.
This rack and pinion system reuses factory mounting points wherever possible as well as a mixture of mounting brackets and centerlinks to adapt to your Mustang and simplify installation. The mounting brackets and centerlinks are engine size specific to account for oil pan clearance. Once you complete installation, the straight steel tubing of the rack replaces the factory crossmember.
Please Note: Hooker Super Competition long tube headers are NOT recommended for use with this Rack and Pinion Conversion. These headers will not clear the Rack and Pinion due to the longer length primary tubes and will cause fitment issues.
Order a Total Control Products (TCP RCKM324) Manual Rack and Pinion Conversion System for your 1970 Mustang with a 260, 289, 302 or 351W Engine from CJ Pony Parts today!
California Residents: Proposition 65 Warning
Advanced skill is required for this installation.
This product will fit the following Mustang years: