Visually inspecting the condition of the belts on your 1968-1970 Mustang's 200 6-cylinder engine or your 1969 Mustang's 428 big block V8 engine is an important step during routine maintenance. If it is time to replace one of those worn-out engine belts, CJ Pony Parts has you covered with this new direct-fit replacement rubber V-belt. This particular V-belt has a .44" top width and an overall length of 41" and is used for a few different applications. Please check the table below to see if this is the correct V-belt for your Mustang.
Features and Benefits:
- Direct-Fit Replacement
- Drives Alternator, Air Pump, and More
- V-Shaped Cross Section
- Design Prevents Belt from Jumping off Pulley
- 1968 Mustang 200 with or without Air Conditioning - Power Steering Belt
- 1969 Mustang 200 without Air Conditioning - Power Steering Belt
- 1969 Mustang 428 without Air Conditioning (early) - Fan and Alternator Belt (2 required)
- 1970 Mustang 200 without Air Conditioning - Power Steering Belt
- Top Width = .44"
- Length = 41"
Rubber V-belts are used to drive such things as the alternator, air conditioning compressor, air pump (smog), fan, power steering pump and water pump. The V-belt gets its name from the belt's V-shaped cross-section that allows the sides of the belt to grip the pulleys. The V-belt design basically eliminates any possibility of the belt jumping off of the pulley.
Please Note: CJ Pony Parts' 1965-1973 Mustang Parts Catalog has a thorough, detailed table that includes a list of all V-belts with their correct applications.