Visually inspecting the condition of the belts on your 1966-1971 Mustang's 6-cylinder or V8 engine is an important step during routine maintenance. If it's time to replace those worn-out engine belts, CJ Pony Parts has you covered with this new, direct-fit replacement rubber V-belt. This V-belt is used for many different applications. Please check the table below to see if this is the correct V-belt for your Mustang.
Features and Benefits:
- Top Width: .44"
- Length: 34"
- Direct-Fit Replacement
- Rubber Construction
- Versatile Applications
- 1966 Mustang 200 6-Cylinder Fan and Alternator Belt without Air Conditioning and Air Pump (smog)
- 1967-1970 Mustang 200 6-Cylinder Fan and Alternator Belt without Air Conditioning
- 1969 Mustang 428 V8 Air Pump (smog) Belt without Air Conditioning (early)
- 1970 Mustang Boss 302 Air Pump (smog) Belt without Air Conditioning
- 1971 Mustang 429 Cobra Jet/Super Cobra Jet Alternator Belt
Rubber V-belts are used to drive such things as the alternator, air conditioning compressor, air (smog) pump, fan, power steering pump and water pump. The V-belt gets its name from the belts V-shaped cross-section that allows the sides of the belt to grip the pulleys. The V-belt design basically eliminates any possibility of the belt jumping off of the pulley.