Dynacorn Passenger Side Two-Piece Torque Box In Weld-Thru Primer for all 1967-1970 Coupe and Fastback Mustangs.After years of throttle transfers your torque box can become weak, flexible and prone to rusting. This makes the body of your Mustang flex more which in turn causes the frame to twist. Now you can replace your original torque box with this premium quality reproduction from Dynacorn and restore your Mustang's rigidity.
This three-sided sheet metal piece sits on the passenger side of the engine compartment over the rear of the front wheel. Offers much better fitment for 1967-1970 Mustangs over other reproduction torque boxes. Two-piece means this torque box is not spot-welded together, making installation easier. Features a weld-thru primer finish for rust protection.
Advantages of Weld-Thru Primer:
- Reduces prep time when welding new parts to new parts that are both covered in the weld thru primer
- Reduced spatter
- Lower distortion of the panels
- Superior conductive properties that help minimize high heat zone problems
- Eliminates corrosion that would form between overlapped panels or multi-layered spot welds
- Helps when welding a new panel to old metal
- Lower resistance at the weld surface allows better penetration into the denser, new steel that helps forgive an old alloy's problems with porosity and impurities
- Helps prevent resin build up between welds that can trap moisture in the old porous steel that leads to failure at the weld borders
Ordered this 3 pc torque box, thinking it would be much easier to fit/install than a one piece torque box. Glad I did, since there are so many different breaks and angles on these pieces of metal, I believe it would have been almost impossible to fit if it was all in one piece. I knew that there would be some cutting/trimming, fitting to make this work and it did take some time, but overall I would recommend this part.
You Might Also Like
CJ's Low Price:$109.99