Mustang Mr. Mustang Instrument Wiring Harness (1968) Installation Instructions
1968 Mustang Mr. Mustang Instrument Cluster Wiring Harness
This Instrument Cluster Wiring Harness from Mr. Mustang fits all 1968 Ford Mustangs.
It's a wiring harness that provides power to the various gauges and lights on the instrument panel which, after 40+ years, can become corroded, damaged and non-functional. This replacement Mr. Mustang Instrument Cluster Wiring Harness for 1968 Mustangs without a tachometer draws power from the underdash wiring harness and is easy to connect and install into your Mustang, allowing your gauges to, again, work flawlessly!
1. To start installing your new Mustang Mr. Mustang 10B942-L Instrument Cluster Wiring Harness
, you'll first need to remove the original instrument cluster assembly. There are three Phillips head screws across the top and two at the bottom. Also remove the two plugs from the under dash wiring harness, and the speedometer cable.
3. Turn the instrument cluster over. I labeled all the conductors because I originally planned to create my own harness. However, I had a hard time finding all of the correct plugs so I purchased this Mustang instrument cluster wiring harness
, which made my labeling of the conductors unnecessary.
4. Examine the new Mr. Mustang
wiring harness. All wires are adequate conductor size with correct size terminal plugs and wire gauge. It is also noted that all wire colors match the original.
5. To start the installation, I lined up the harness with the cluster and started from the left and replaced every connection, one at a time.
7. I replaced every connection, one at a time, until the old harness was completely disconnected. The photo below shows the original cluster with the new Mustang instrument cluster wiring harness