Mustang MSD Ignition Coil (1986-1993) Installation Instructions
3. Remove the coil wire, which is attached to the Mustang distributor cap
and runs to the coil. This is done simply, by pulling up on the 90 degree boot.
4. Remove the power plug on the back of the Mustang coil
by using a small flat head screw driver and gently prying the under clip on the plug.
5. Use a 7/32 inch socket and ratchet to remove the four bolts that hold the coil to the Mustang coil bracket
. The bolts are located in the four corners of the coil.
6. With the original coil removed, you can now place the new MSD Ignition
coil in its place.
7. The new MSD Coil comes with new bolts, but they are a bit large for the bracket. Use your original bolts and the washers that come with the MSD Coil. Start all of the bolts through the coil and into the bracket.
8. Use the 7/32 inch socket and ratchet to tighten the four mounting bolts.
9. Reconnect the power plug to the back of the new Mustang coil
by pushing the plug down into the designated area until the clip is secured on the front.
10. Reconnect the coil wire from the distributor cap to the front of the MSD Coil. Push down on the 90 degree boot until the wire snaps onto the point.