1986 Mustang Parts
- Your cockpit should be a showstopper, not drag on the rest of your car. Revitalize and protect your cabin today.
- Aging components don't bode well for handling and ride quality, so upgrade with some new parts for your pony.
Wheels & Tires
- From retro style to modern race-inspired design, you can find the perfect fit for your vehicle.
- While top-class when it came from the factory, your Mustang's motor could likely use a tune-up and some performance upgrades.
- Achieve the classic muscle car sound you're looking for while opening up outflow to increase performance.
Body & Sheet Metal
- To properly refresh and repair your classic Mustang, or add some new upgrades, find the parts you need right here.
1986 Mustang Parts
Though there was a mid-cycle refresh coming just around the corner, there were still some moderate changes made for the 1986 Mustang. The most notable revision was a change to the 302 V8 engine, which was switched to a fuel-injected version throughout the lineup, replacing the old carburetor version. That meant slightly less power than the previous V8, but this was a necessary step in the evolution of engine technology. Another major upgrade was a beefier rear axle for V8 models, as well as the engine mounts, the addition of more sound deadening material, and a more convenient single key locking system.
The SVO Mustang continued its run for a final year, though only 3,382 units were sold for 1986, bringing the unsuccessful SVO's total sales to 9,844 over three model years. Despite the SVO's weak sales, the rest of the Mustang models sold exceptionally well. Over 224,400 were sold in 1986, nearly 68,000 more 1986 Mustang parts than the year before.
From intakes and exhaust systems to superchargers and suspension parts, CJ’s has everything you need to take your pony’s output to the next level. Or, start from the ground up by restoring your Fox Body inside and out, with all the components you need to make your car look like it’s fresh out of the factory.
With tons of articles, installation guides, and how-to videos, it’s never been easier to get started on a project in your own garage. Count on CJ’s to help make it happen every step of the way, and get the parts on your Mustang’s wishlist today.
|2.3L 4-cyl (SVO)||205||248|
|5.0L V8 (EFI)||200||285|
|Light Regatta Blue||3J||2,907|
|Dark Slate Metallic||4M||12|
|Curb Weight (lbs)||2,797-2,853|
Not the year you are looking for? Check out these years: 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, or 1993 for additional options.