1983 Mustang Parts
- As the place where you spend your time driving, the cabin of your Mustang should be comfortable and stylish.
- Get the classic muscle car sound you want for your pony while improving outflow for stronger performance.
- From curvy backroads to uneven city pavement, give your Mustang the modern components it needs for a smooth and sporty ride.
- From everyday repairs to major performance overhauls, we offer the parts you need for every job.
- Components will naturally wear out over time, so make sure that your shifts remain smooth by finding the parts you need.
Wheels & Tires
- Roll in style with a new upgrade and some rubber to match your Mustang's driving applications.
Body & Sheet Metal
- If the years haven't been kind to your exterior or you want to add some new personality to your car, this is the place to start.
1983 Mustang Parts
Though the Fox Body wasn’t losing the four-eye look for another few years, the 1983 Ford Mustang received some smaller refreshes with modest styling tweaks and improved performance.
There was a new nose, some interior refinements, and several option package changes. Even more exciting, the Mustang convertible reemerged after a 10-year hiatus. Sales dropped to 120,873, though more than 23,000 units sold were the new convertible.
The 302 H.O. V8 was adjusted to gain another 18 horsepower, while a brand new 5-speed manual transmission was added for better gear spacing and stronger takeoffs. The old inline six was removed from the line-up, being replaced with the new Essex 3.8 liter V6 that produced 17 more horsepower and 23 more ft-lbs. of torque. Even the 2.3 liter inline four received a small 5 horsepower bump.
Despite the improvements, these motors can’t hold a candle to modern technology. That’s where CJ Pony Parts comes into play! From wheels and tires to exhaust systems and engine components, we have everything you need to increase the performance capabilities of your pony car. In addition to performance upgrades, we also have a vast selection of restoration parts to help you restyle and restore your aging Mustang. From sheet metal to interior products, you can get that factory look or create your own new style with a complete overhaul.
Not the year you are looking for? Check out these years: 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, or 1993 for additional options.