Mustang TMI Deluxe Center Console (1965-1968) Installation Instructions
1. The Mustang TMI 25-7013-958 Pony Style Deluxe Center Consoles
are designed to be used in cars with or without factory consoles. They come in every interior color, along with some two-tone options. This deluxe version has a nice chrome accent. There is a good amount of room inside, plus a nice map pocket. But wait, there's more! Pull up a small tab and discover a secret compartment, perfect for hiding your various passports and foreign currencies.
2. The TMI instructions for the Mustang consoles
are fairly sparse, but call for the placement of four strips of Velcro to attach the four corners of the console.
3. There are also six inch straps attached to the bottom at each corner, which you can attach to the Mustang carpet
for even more holding power.
4. Place the TMI
console in the car, get in, and move it forward or backward until it feels like it is in the right position for you. In this car, the front edge of the console is just behind the carpet seam.
5. Use some masking tape to mark the location of the console at the front and back bottom edges.
6. Use these marks to place the four pieces of Velcro tape just inside the edges of the masking tape.
7. Place the Mustang center console
back in the car. You may want to try holding back the bottom straps with tape. Press the console down on the Velcro strips where you marked it, then pull the long straps down as tight as possible to doubly secure the console.