The Classic Update Series (510662) is a complete wiring system in a box, giving you everything you need to modernize your classic Mustang's wiring system. Allows for most aftermarket accessories such as: gauge packages, heat and air conditioning systems, power windows, etc. This product covers all 1971-73 Mustang model combinations including the Mach 1. Complete plug-and-play Gauge-Pack and floor console clock harnesses include correct lamp sockets and connections. Many original style light sockets, switch body connectors, terminals, etc. The system will also connect to most popular aftermarket gauge packages such as Classic Instruments, Dakota Digital, Autometer, VDO, and others.
Features and Benefits:
- Steering column connectors can plug directly into most steering columns
- Instrument wiring is designed with a “cluster harness disconnect” system for easy servicing
- Rear body harness assembly plugs into the main harness in the LH “A-pillar” location
- Longer leads allow for stock or custom routing of the wires
- Engine wiring includes feeds for coil, aftermarket tach, water temperature, oil pressure, brake warning (with later updated extension if necessary), and electronic speedometer (if necessary).
- A heavy gauge alternator feed wire is provided for a typical 1-wire high-powered installation.
- Front lighting includes extra-long leads that can be routed for stock or custom applications.
This Kit Includes:
- Standard turn signal flasher, hazard flasher, and horn relay mounted on harness
- Fuse box designed to fit behind the glovebox assembly
- Many original switch connector bodies – an American Autowire exclusive feature
- Separate under dash courtesy lamp assemblies
- Complete vehicle wiring looms
- New floor dimmer switch is provided for ease of installation
- New Ford style headlight switch with internal circuit breaker, adjustable length shaft, and custom knob
- New windshield wiper/washer switch.
- New firewall grommet for the engine and front light wiring to pass through