American Autowire Complete Wiring Harness Classic Update Kit 1965-1966
- Complete Wiring System
- Gauge Cluster Easily Wired In
- Complete Wiring For All Lights
- All Required Hardware Supplied
American Autowire Complete Wiring Harness Classic Update Kit for 1965-1966 Mustangs.
The Classic Update Series is a complete wiring system in a box, giving you everything you need to modernize your classic Mustang's wiring system. Allows for most aftermarket accessories such as: gauge packages, heat and air conditioning systems, power windows, etc.
American Autowire's 510125 Classic Update Kit's instrument cluster wiring is designed with a separate "cluster harness disconnect" system for easy service and assembly. The best aspect of the disconnect system is that any gauge cluster package can be easily and neatly wired in. This includes JME ENTERPRISES, AUTOMETER, CLASSIC INSTRUMENTS, DAKOTA DIGITAL, STEWART WARNER, and VDO just to name a few.
Features and Benefits:
Dash and Main:
- A Bussman fuse box assembly and enclosed case mount in the LH door pillar area. Detailed photos of the installed unit are included in the instructions. Mounting bracket, hardware and a mounting template are included.
- Disconnects have been added for the engine and F/L wiring. They plug in under the dash and go out through grommets in the firewall.
- Can now be used with cars that have Factory Ford underdash A/C.
- Turn signal connector is for 1969-76 style GM columns. We provide the mating connector and terminals for the customer to adapt to their switch if using a stock Ford column. Corrected and updated tables demonstrate the proper wiring configurations.
- 12v switched and 12V battery radio feeds are included.
- Correct Ford headlight switch and connector.
- Connection to original Ford style plug-n-play wiper harnesses. Addresses the different wiper harnesses available along with detailed drawings and how to tie them into the dash harness (harnesses are no included with kit, but are available from most all Mustang parts vendors). Instructions for connecting a stock wiper/washer pump are included.
- Correct Ford ignition switch and connector.
- Complete detailed factory heater and heater resistor harness drawings, wires, and connectors included.
- Complete detailed neutral safety and back up lamp switch leads with disconnect drawings, wires, and connectors included.
- Console dash connections included that will plug directly into the factory console harness (not included).
- Detailed fog lamp switch connections and drawing are included eliminating previous questions about the stock third wire.
- Electric fan trigger wire is included in this kit.
- Complete dash cluster disconnect now included along with electric speedo wiring.
- Typical left and right courtesy lamp housings are provided.
- Cigar lighter connection is included.
- Relay and connections that control headlights, fog lights and horn are included.
- Glove box lamp connection is included.
- Original 90 degree molded tail lamp socket connectors are included.
- Will accommodate aftermarket tail lamp socket connections.
- Original bullet style back up lamp terminals and rubber sleeves are included.
- Original fuel tank sender connection lead with the pass-through floor grommet is included.
- Feed wire and mating terminals to original style dome and sail panels lamps are included.
- Feed wire and mating terminal to original style trunk lamp is included.
- Original style mating terminal to accommodate tag lamp is provided.
- Third brake light wiring also provided in this kit.
New Gauge Cluster:
- Original light sockets, ring terminals and connectors to connect to a stock cluster are included.
- Includes feed to optional stock instrument cluster mounted clock.
- Includes aftermarket tach wiring.
- Just as with other similar Ford kits, this kit will not support the use of a factory tach (which has the ignition source routed through the tach assembly).
- Aftermarket gauge wiring terminals and instructions are included.
New Engine Harness:
- Complete engine wiring leads out to engine compartment includes: oil pressure, temp, electric choke, tach, 12v ignition.
- Supports a 1-wire alternator and also includes an exciter wire for use with other regulator style alternators.
- 6 gauge alternator charge wire along with (2) mega-fuses to protect the alternator and main battery feed to engine/dash harnesses.
New Front Light Harness:
- Aftermarket 2 post Ford type late model brake warning molded connector is included in this kit. Directions for connection are included.
- Complete wiring, terminals and connectors to connect to the stock parking lamp pigtails to create a disconnect system. Detailed instructions are included.
- Complete wiring, terminals and connectors to connect to the stock headlights. Relay protected for use with halogen lamps.
- Complete wiring, terminals and connectors to connect to single or dual horns.
Optional Extra-Cost Harness Kits:
- An extra cost optional 4-way hazard flasher kit is available.
Rear body harness assembly plugs into the main harness behind the left hand kick panel for easy accessibility and allows for original or custom routing.
*American Autowire recommends this kit for MODIFIED original vehicles, not OEM restoration projects.
*Does NOT support ammeters.
Advanced skill is required for this installation.