If you're currently in the process of repairing large portions of rust on your 1965-1966 Mustang, replacing your damaged parts with this premium CJ Classics Driver Side Strut Rod Bracket 3640UWT is an even better option! Available in CJ Classics' patented Weld-Thru Primer, this strut rod bracket is a direct replacement for your damaged or rusted original.
The strut rod bracket runs diagonally from the front crossmember to the front frame rail and the threaded end of the strut rod end attaches to this bracket. This OEM-style, direct-fit replacement strut rod bracket is constructed of high-quality sheet metal for strength and durability.
There are many advantages of the weld-thru primer, such as preventing resin build up between welds that can trap moisture in the old porous steel, resulting in failure at the weld borders. Lower resistance at the weld surface also allows better penetration into the denser, new steel that helps forgive an old alloy's problems with porosity and impurities.
Features and Benefits:
- Weld-Thru Primer Reduces Prep Time and Splatter
- Lower Distortion of the Panels
- Superior Conductive Properties Minimize High Heat Zone Issues
- Beneficial When Welding a New Panel to Old Metal
- Eliminates Corrosion Between Overlapped Panels or Multi-Layered Spot Welds
- Constructed of Premium-Quality Sheet Metal
- Direct-Fit Replacement