Made of high-quality stamped steel, this is a great part to get for your restoration project and will prove to be a durable and lasting replacement. This Passenger Side Trunk Corner 3649CWT in weld-thru primer joins the top of the quarter panel and the top of the taillight panel to reinforce the trunk area of your Mustang. This is a great upgrade and replacement part for any old, weakened, rusted out trunk corner on your 1967-1968 Coupe or Convertible Mustang.
There are many advantages of the weld-thru primer, such as preventing resin build up between welds that can trap moisture in the old porous steel, resulting in failure at the weld borders. Lower resistance at the weld surface also allows better penetration into the denser, new steel that helps forgive an old alloy's problems with porosity and impurities.
Features and Benefits:
- Weld-Thru Primer Reduces Prep Time and Spatter
- Lower Distortion of the Corner
- Superior Conductive Properties Minimize High Heat Zone Issues
- Beneficial When Welding a New Panel to Old Metal
- Eliminates Corrosion Between Overlapped Panels or Multi-Layered Spot Welds
- Constructed of High-Quality Stamped Steel
- Reinforces Trunk Area