This Currie 9 Inch Housing and Axle Package (CE-FDM6466X) makes ditching that stock 8 inch easy! Upgrade your Mustang to the strongest, most well-supported rear end to come out of the muscle car era.
Features and Benefits:
- Ford Nine Inch Durability
- Pre-Built For A Perfect Bolt-In Fit
- Heavy Duty 31 Spline Axles
- High Strength USA Made Housing
This Housing and Axle Package is built to match your Mustang's stock axle width, pinion offset, suspension mounting locations and wheel bolt pattern for a straightforward hassle-free installation. Instead of shortening axle tubes or relocating spring mounts yourself, Currie offers this drop-in solution. It features Currie's Centurion Housing, packing classic looks in a new, high-strength, American-made housing. The housing is designed with 3-inch diameter axle tubes, and a CNC machined face flange for a flat, leak-free seal - all joined together with strong, attractive welds. Billet housing ends, 31 spline 1541 alloy axles, and heavy-duty spring perches round out this package.
Please Note: Requires a 9-inch third member assembly and compatible brake package to complete the rear end. Requires assembly of components prior to installation.
- Housing: Currie Centurion heavy-duty 9-inch with 3-inch diameter x .188 wall DOM tube
- Axles: Currie Performance 1541, 31-spline axles
- Housing Ends: Billet Torino style late model large bearing
- Axle Bearings: Set 20 Tapered roller bearing
- Bearing Retainers: 1/4" thick heavy-duty plates, gold zinc plated
- Suspension Brackets: Heavy-duty 2 1/4” wide leaf spring pads installed in the stock location
- Wheel Bolt Pattern: 5 on 4 1/2" with 1/2" studs installed
- Brake Space: 2.5 inch axle standoff
- Width: 57.375 inches (between wheel mounting surfaces)
- Fluid Capacity: 3 quarts of 85w-140, non-synthetic (API GL-6 rated only)
This Kit Includes:
- Currie Centurion 9-Inch Notchback Housing For Mustang And Cougar
- Currie Performance 31-Spline Axles With Wheel Studs
- Timken Axle Bearings (Shipped Loose)
- All 1964-1966 Mustangs