This Currie 9" Housing and Axle Package CE-FDM7173X features classic notchback looks, 3-inch diameter axle tubes and a CNC-machined face flange. Joined together with strong, attractive welds, these impressive features combine for a flat, leak-free seal that you can rely on. This American-made housing and axle package is designed to match the stock axle width, pinion offset, suspension mounting locations and wheel bolt pattern for easy installation on your 1971-1973 Mustang.
To further accomplish a leak-free services life, the package includes full-circle, heavy-duty retainers for positive bearing retention and full-seal engagement. Also included in the package are heavy-duty spring pad mounts that install in the OEM locations for bolt-in compatibility with the stock leaf spring suspension.
Features and Benefits:
- Heavy-Duty 9" Housing with 3" Diameter x .188 Wall DOM Tube
- Currie Performance 31-Spline 1541 Alloy Axles
- Billet Late Model Ford Torino Large Bearing Housing Ends
- Set of 20 Tapered Roller Axle Bearings
- 1/4" Thick, Gold Zinc-Plated Bearing Retainers
- Heavy-Duty 2-1/4” Wide Leaf Spring Pads Install in Stock Location
- Proudly Made in the USA!
The Currie Performance 31-spline 1541 alloy axles have been drilled to match the OE bolt pattern and stud size. The corresponding Timken axle bearings are shipped loose, allowing brake specific components to be installed as required. The package also features CNC-machined billet housing ends with provisions for internal or external axle oil seals.
- Currie Centurion 9-Inch Notchback Housing
- Currie Performance 31-Spline Axles With Wheel Studs
- Timken Axle Bearings (Shipped Loose)
- Brake Space: 2-1/2 inch Axle Standoff
- Wheel Bolt Pattern: 5 on 4 1/2" with 1/2" Studs Installed
- Width: 60.875 inches (Between Wheel Mounting Surfaces)
- Fluid Capacity: 3 quarts of 85w-140, Non-Synthetic (API GL-6 Rated Only)
- Housing and Axle Packages require a 9-inch third member assembly and compatible brake package to complete the rear end.
- Requires assembly of components prior to installation.