Modernize your Mustang with the 1156 HP48 backup bulb. Populated with 48 Epistar 3014 LED chips, the HP48 upgrades the factory yellowish incandescent bulb to a modern cool white appearance. Thanks to the cap on the top, the light output is directed backward and away from the bulb, instead of straight out.
Features and Benefits:
- Fits 1981-1988 Mustangs
- Direct replacement for factory incandescent 1156-size backup bulb
- 48 LEDs in omnidirectional design
- Diffusing cover for even output and clean appearance when off
- Metal base connector with full-spec positive connection terminal
- Adds a more modern, LED appearance
- Plug and play, simple installation
- 250 lumens per bulb
A diffused PC lens surrounds the LED chips, allowing the light output to shine much more uniformly. Best of all, installation only takes minutes - simply take out your factory bulb and the HP48 will fit snugly in the socket. At 250 lumens, the HP48 is a cosmetic upgrade only and will provide the same light output as your factory bulb.
If you are looking to increase output, we'd recommend checking out our HP11 and XP80 options! All Diode Dynamics LED lighting is rated with accurate, measured lumen figures, not calculations or guesses. We test the true output in-house, and provide you the real numbers to compare.