Gain overdrive, and durability! Perfect classic 5-speed swaps, Fox Bodies, or SN95 Mustangs, this Ford Performance Extra HD Tremec Transmission is an upgraded version of the older HD Tremec 5-speed manual transmission used in the 1995 Cobra R.
Features and Benefits:
- 600 lb-ft Torque Capacity
- Close Ratio 1-4 With OD 5th
- Strong Steel Gears
- Strong Aluminum Casing
This transmission features improved cast iron shift forks, a one-piece counter-shaft, and 4615 steel gears which increase torque capacity up to 600 lbs./ft. It uses a close gear ratio from 1st through 4th with a 0.82 5th gear. It is equipped with a 26 spline input shaft and a 31 spline output shaft. The case is made from strong, lightweight aluminum for lasting durability.
- First Gear: 2.87
- Second Gear: 1.90
- Third Gear: 1.34
- Fourth Gear: 1.00
- Fifth Gear: 0.82
- For all applications, this Ford Racing 5-Speed Extra HD Tremec Transmission requires the use of a unique 10.5" clutch disc (M-7550-T302) designed for a 26 spline input shaft, and the use of a 31 spline driveshaft yoke, M-4841-A is recommended.
- A Ford Performance bellhousing (M-6392-R58) is required to install the 5-Speed Extra HD Tremec Transmission in a 1979-1995 Mustang. For installation in all 1979-1993 Mustangs, Ford Performance's adjustable crossmember (M-5059-A) must be used, 1979-1981 Mustangs will require some modifications. For installation in all 1994-1995 Mustangs, modifying the crossmember, lengthening the driveshaft by .625" and the use of clutch fork (E6ZZ-7515-A) is required.
- Ford Performance's 5-Speed Extra HD Tremec Transmission can be used in 4.6L Mustangs when equipped with Ford Performance's bellhousing (M-6392-M46) and 11" clutch kit (M-7560-T46).
- Tremec recommends using Synchromesh fluid.