Own a 2007-2009 GT500? One of the few who think it needs even more power? We're with you. This JLT Super Big Air Intake Kit (CAISP-GT500-07) opens up the intake system to support larger injectors, wilder tunes, and more for your Shelby. Recommended for 800 wheel horsepower and up.
Features And Benefits:
- MASSIVE 148mm MAF Housing Molded Into the Tube
- More Airflow For Improved Horsepower
- OE Style Black Textured Plastic
- Easy Installation
- Roto-Molded Heat Shield
- Your Choice of Filter
- Sold As A Complete Kit
This kit features thick, roto-molded plastic tubes. A full 5.5" at the throttle body to mate up with the huge KB twin 75mm throttle body, and 6" at the filter. It also has a new larger heat shield with two mounting points, and a weather strip that seals to the hood, preventing heat exchange.
The tapered flange design and Powerstack filtered ends of their filters and ended up with a monster 6x9” filter, that’s a full 8.25” across at the base and 5.5” at the top. All filters have a molded in screen to keep air flow nice and smooth across the MAF. Finish it off with a silicone coupler and stainless clamps. NO METAL TUBING HERE!! Made in the USA.
This Kit Includes:
- JLT Intake Tube with Black Textured finish
- Silicone Coupler
- Silicone Reducer
- 6x9 S&B Powerstack Air Filter (Choice of Red or blue oiled air filter, or white dry air filter)
- ABS Heat Shield
- HD Clamps & all needed hardware
Dry vs Oiled Filters
- Dry: Comparable airflow to oiled cotton filters with the same great protection. Last for up to 30,000 miles of highway driving. Extend the life of the filter using compressed air. Dry filters are White.
- Oil: Oiled filters can last forever as long as you properly clean and re-oil it. Oiled filters are Red or Blue.
- To help protect and prolong the life of your new air filter, please consider choosing from our selection of compatible JLT Performance Pre-Filters - See P/N: JLTFPF5-V
- Recommended for 800rwhp and Higher, custom dyno tuning is required with this kit.
- For a replacement 6x9” Dry or Oiled Air Filter, please see P/N: JLTF9-V.
- 2007-2009 Shelby GT500 Mustangs