Mustang Throttle Parts & Accelerator Pedals
Showing 1-20 of 108 results
- CJ Classics Accelerator Linkage Pedal Pivot V8 1965/Manual Transmission V8 1966-1968$51.19 Regular Price $63.99
- CJ Classics Stainless Steel Accelerator Cable Assembly 24”$42.29 Regular Price $46.99
- CJ Classics Accelerator Cable Assembly Black Rubber 24”$33.38 Regular Price $37.09
- CJ Classics Accelerator Linkage Rod Mustang 6-Cylinder 170/200 1965-1966$31.49 Regular Price $34.99
- AMK Products Accelerator Pedal Hardware Kit 1965-1967$9.26 Regular Price $10.29
- CJ Classics Accelerator Pedal Spring Mustang Pre 4/25/68 1965-1968$4.74 Regular Price $4.99
- CJ Classics Accelerator Pedal Retaining Screw Mustang 1965-1968$4.49 Regular Price $4.99
- Accelerator Retracting Spring Stainless Steel Mustang 170/ 200 6-Cylinder 1965-1966$12.59 Regular Price $13.99
- CJ Classics Throttle Rod Mounting Kit Mustang V8 1965-1967$12.95 Regular Price $14.39
Showing 1-20 of 108 results
Throttle Parts & Accelerator Pedals
The Mustang throttle parts & accelerator pedals are some of the most used parts in your Mustang, no matter what year of Mustang you own. In fact, the Mustang throttle parts & accelerator pedals are some of the most important parts on your car, as the Mustang throttle parts & accelerator pedals are what makes your Mustang move. Depress the Mustang gas pedal and the throttle parts & accelerator pedals take over, using the amount you depressed the pedal to determine how fast to make the car respond. If you depress the pedal to the floor, your Mustang throttle parts & accelerator pedal parts are going to make your Mustang go very fast, very quickly, while a lighter tap on your Mustang's gas pedal will force your Mustang to accelerate at a much slower pace.
Up until the launch of the S197, one of the primary Mustang throttle parts & accelerator pedals parts was the accelerator cable. This part attaches to the accelerator pedal in your Mustang and runs to the Mustang throttle body or Mustang carburetor, where it opens a valve that allows air and gasoline into the engine. There are several other Mustang throttle parts & accelerator pedals that complete this system, including the pedal assembly, but the accelerator cable is one of the most common parts that breaks and it is vital to making your Mustang move. The biggest problem with the accelerator cable is that it can fray and stretch, causing less throttle response, or none at all. Therefore, CJ Pony Parts offers accelerator cables as part of their Mustang throttle parts & accelerator pedals, so you can replace this vital part. Many owners will also replace the accelerator pedal assembly, and other key components, like Mustang gas pedals, of the Mustang throttle parts & accelerator pedals on your Mustang, but those tend to fail much less than the cable and often only need a Mustang pedal pad & trim upgrade. So, if you need replacements for these parts, check out the wide selection from CJ Pony Parts and order today!