Pertronix Electronic Ignition Ignitor 6 Cylinder Without Thermactor
- Legal In All 50 States
- Fits Inside The Distributor
- 2:1 Improvement Over Points
- Easy Wiring
Pertronix Ignitor Electronic Ignition for 6 Cylinder Engines with a Non-Thermactor Calibrated Distributor.
For over thirty years, the Ignitor has proven itself in applications ranging from race cars to tractors. The Ignitor replaces breaker point and troublesome factory electronic ignitions with a dependable, self contained and maintenance free electronic ignition system. The Ignitor has been called the "stealth" ignition because of its quick installation and nearly undetectable presence under your distributor cap.
Delivering twice the voltage to the spark plugs, Ignitor electronic ignitions will increase horsepower, improve fuel economy, and extend spark plug life. The Ignitor system is designed for use with most point-type coils, but optimal performance is achieved when used with PerTronix's Flame-Thrower 40,000 volt coil. A solid-state electronic ignition system means you will never change points again.
- 2:1 improvement over points in current fall time for increased coil output
- Rotating cobalt magnets trigger a Hall Effect integrated circuit
- No points to burn or moving parts to wear out
- Epoxy molding makes the module impervious to dirt, oil, grease and moisture
- Fits entirely inside the distributor
- No black box to clutter the engine compartment
- Stable timing, no need for any adjustments
- Will trigger most multi-spark CD ignitions
- Uncomplicated wiring makes for easy installation
- Legal in all 50 states and Canada (C.A.R.B. E.O. #D-57-2)
- For use on single point distributors
- For use on Mustangs without the Thermactor pollution control device
- Operating Voltage: 8-V to 16-V DC
- Temperature Range: -50 to 300F
- RPM Range: 0 to 15,000 RPM
- Polarity: 12V negative ground
- 1965-1967 Mustangs
- 1963-1967 F-100s
The Thermactor was Ford's smog pump that was installed for pollution control purposes on cars manufactured at Fords's San Jose, CA factory. These cars can be identified with a DSO of 72 on their data plate. A small pump and extra belt will be present. Cars with this feature required distributors to be calibrated accordingly.
*Excludes V6 engines.
Order this Pertronix Ignitor Electronic Ignition for your 6 Cylinder Engine with a Non-Thermactor Calibrated Distributor from CJ Pony Parts today!
California Residents: Proposition 65 Warning
Intermediate skill is required for this installation.