Do you drive a later model car? You will certainly be interested in this Tremec 5-Speed TKO 500 Transmission with a 10-Spline Input Shaft for its higher torque capacity compared to their factory Mustang transmission!
Features and Benefits:
- 500 lbs.-ft. torque capacity and a 10-spline input shaft
- Tapered roller bearings on input, output and counter shafts to improve performance (reduced noise factor)
- All gears and shafts made from special grade steel (ASTM 4615) that provides increased torque carrying capacity
- Equipped with high-performance short-throw billet aluminum shifter to isolate road noise while providing clean crisp shifts
- Neutral safety switch and back-up light sensor included
- Comes with dual electronic and mechanical speedometer pick-ups to suit all years
This Tremec 5-Speed TKO 500 Transmission with a 10-Spline Input Shaft is perfect for applications where engine output has been raised with the addition of aftermarket parts like a supercharger or nitrous kit from CJ Pony Parts. Installing this new transmission will give you the confidence to launch and shift your car without the danger of damaging internals. For those with older model three- and four-speed cars, the addition of a fifth (and, for some, a fourth) gear really opens up the tractability of your car, and can lead to huge improvements in acceleration. While the Mustang isn’t known for offering weak engine options, the tall ratios required to achieve highway speeds using a limited number of gears can keep your engine bogged down and out of the power band. Adding a gear or two with the TKO 500 allows for more evenly spaced ratios, and that means your lower gears can be tuned for acceleration while upper gears can deliver the fuel-efficient highway performance you desire.
- 1st gear: 3.27
- 2nd gear: 1.97
- 3rd gear: 1.34
- 4th gear: 1.00
- 5th gear: 0.68
- Reverse: 3.00
*1965-1995 Mustangs will require a Tremec specific bellhousing and a 31-spline driveshaft yoke. Other modifications may be required.
*1996-2004 4.6 Liter Mustangs will require a Tremec specific bellhousing. Other modifications may be required.