Mustang CDC Dead Pedal with Black Inserts (2005-2012) Installation Instructions
2. If your vehicle is equipped with an alarm override button, carefully remove the ring nut and washer that secure the button to the plastic kick panel using your hand or pliers.
3. Loosen the driver’s side Mustang door sill plate
by carefully pulling the piece up and away by hand or with a trim removal tool. You do not need to remove the door sill, just loosen it.
4. Remove the small plastic clip on the driver’s side kick panel. Then, carefully remove the plastic side kick panel by pulling back towards the rear of the vehicle.
5. Locate and loosen the bolt on the side of the body using a 13mm socket. Do not remove this bolt. Simply loosen it enough to slide the new CDC dead pedal in behind it, which should be about 1/2 inch. Note: Be careful of the wiring harness near this bolt. You may have to remove the plastic mount that connects the wiring harness to the chassis in order to move the wiring harness aside.
6. Carefully reposition the carpet and the wiring harness to make room around the bolt where the new billet Mustang pedal
is going to be placed.
7. Slide the new CDC dead pedal in behind the bolt, entering from the top. Position the new CDC dead pedal into your desired location. Carefully replace the wire harness below/around the new CDC dead pedal. Be sure to maintain enough space between the wire harness and the new CDC dead pedal, as they should not touch. Tighten the bolt, using pliers or vice-grip pliers. Be sure that the stock washer is moved to the outside of the Classic Design Concepts
dead pedal mount. You may need to be seated in your driver’s position to ensure proper alignment. Readjust if necessary.
8. Reinstall the kick panel and the trim piece that secures it. If your vehicle is equipped with an alarm override button, carefully reinstall the ring nut and washer that secure the button to the plastic kick panel. Reinstall the small plastic clip on the driver’s side kick panel.
9. Reinstall the plastic door sill.