Mustang Roush GT Cold Air Intake Kit (2010-2013) Installation Instructions
1. To get started installing your new Mustang Roush 420131 Cold Air Kit
, review the stock air intake system and your new cold air kit to make sure you have all of the materials you need for the installation.
2. Locate and loosen the bolt that secures the clamp connecting the stock intake tube and the stock air box. This will require an 8mm socket.
3. Locate and disconnect the stock mass airflow sensor by using your hand to gently pull back the small red clip on it's underside. Be careful with this sensor, since you will need to re-install it on the new Roush Cold Air Intake Kit at the end of the installation. Then, using your hand, carefully remove the secondary clip that holds the sensor wire harness to the stock air box.
4. Locate and remove the bolt and washer that is used to hold the stock air box to the vehicle. You will use a 10mm socket for this. This bolt and washer will be re-used later in the installation.
5. Locate and disconnect the sound induction tube from the stock air box.
6. Carefully lift and remove the factory Mustang cold air intake
from the vehicle. You can see the image of the open area with stock air box removed below.
7. Carefully remove the stock mass airflow sensor housing from the stock air box. There are two screws that can be removed with a T-20 Torx screwdriver/socket. Be careful with this housing, since you will re-install it with the original screws on the new Roush
Cold Air Intake tube.
8. Carefully re-install the stock mass airflow sensor housing on the new Roush Cold Air Intake tube, utilizing the two screws that you removed just a moment ago. They will be installed using a T-20 Torx screwdriver/socket. Install it with the black plastic side up and the metal side down, which was the same direction that the stock housing was installed.
9. Attach the new Roush
cold air intake tube to the new Roush air filter by hand. Carefully align the new Roush Cold Air Intake tube and the new Roush air filter using the notch marks on the black plastic pieces. You will carefully twist the two until the notch marks line up together. Then, tighten the clamp using a screwdriver.
10. Carefully remove the grommet and sleeve from the stock air box. These items will be re-installed in the same location on the new Roush air box. Then, remove the rubber mounts (two) on the bottom of the stock air box. These two pieces will also be re-installed in the same location on the new Roush air box.
11. Place the new Roush air box into the vehicle. Line up the rubber mounts (two) on the bottom of the air box with the corresponding spots on the chassis. Once they are in place, tuck the stock rubber air inlet opening into the new Roush air box front air inlet.
12. Using a 10mm socket, re-install the stock bolt and washer that are used to hold the new Mustang cold air kit
to the vehicle.
13. By hand, install the two metal clips (included) on the new Roush air box.
14. Attach the new air filter assembly to the Mustang cold air intake
tube by hand, then tighten the clamp using an 8mm socket.
16. Plug the stock mass airflow sensor into the housing that is now located on the new Roush intake tube. Make sure the small red clip side is down.