1965 Mustang Engines & Engine parts
Vintage car ownership can be a two-sided affair. On one hand, things are liable to break and repairs can be costly and time consuming. But, there’s nothing more rewarding than the sound of your hard work and commitment roaring to life. If your Mustang’s engine could use a little TLC, or even a lot, there’s no better place to start than CJ Pony Parts. Our inventory of 1965 Mustang engine parts contains everything you’ll need, no matter if it’s something as simple as replacing spark plugs or a complete engine overhaul. Don’t forget to take a look at our selection of complete 1965 Mustang engines and short blocks if you’re starting from the ground up.
Showing 1-20 of 4337 results
- Windshield Wiper Blade Stainless Steel 1965-1968$14.39 Regular Price $15.99
- Fuel Tank With Drain Plug Kit 1965-1968$132.99 Regular Price $139.99
- Fuel Filler Pipe To Body Gasket Cork 1965-1973$2.69 Regular Price $2.99
- Starter Solenoid 1965-1973$8.99 Regular Price $9.99
- Gas Cap Gasket 1965-1968$3.59 Regular Price $3.99
- Ford Motorcraft Oil Filter V8$8.09 Regular Price $8.99
- Oil Sender Switch Gauge Style 1965-1989$17.99 Regular Price $19.99
- Accelerator Pedal With Trim 1965-1968$8.99 Regular Price $9.99
- Fuel Tank Sending Unit 1965-1968$26.97 Regular Price $37.99
- Ford Performance Valve Cover Bolt Set Black With Ford Oval Logo Small Block$14.39 Regular Price $15.99
- Fel-Pro Valve Cover Gaskets Rubber Pair 260/289/302/351W$17.09 Regular Price $18.99
- Motor Mount 289/302/351W/351C 11/1/1965-1972$13.49 Regular Price $14.99
- Ignition Switch Assembly 1965-1966$12.59 Regular Price $13.99
- Fuel Tank Filler Hose 4" 1965-1970$7.19 Regular Price $7.99
- Spark Plug Autolite Set 289/302/351W$23.42 Regular Price $32.99
- Battery Hold Down 24F Kit 1965-1966$6.29 Regular Price $6.99
- Scott Drake Valve Cover Spark Plug Wire Separator 1965-1973$3.59 Regular Price $4.49
- Ford Water Temperature Sending Unit 9/1965-1995$22.09 Regular Price $25.99
- PCV Valve EV50 V8 1965-1972$8.09 Regular Price $8.99
Showing 1-20 of 4337 results
Your Engine Is a WorkhorseThe 1965 Mustang’s engine selection can be called a lot of things – but weak is not one. The tried-and-true 260 is a well-respected workhorse of a powerplant. The easy-revving 289 and its Hi-Po cousin have a special place in Ford’s history as the blocks that put the Mustang on the sports-car map.
Air and fuel are the two most important factors in helping your engine make power, and when it comes to 1965 Mustang engines, both of these factors are controlled by your carburetor. If your car isn’t running well because of fuel starvation, if the stock carburetor has breathed its last, you can’t go wrong with a high-performance unit from the trusted names at CJ Pony Parts. We carry a number of options from Holley, Edelbrock and more in different sizes to fit everyone from street stock to full racecar applications.
How well does your car start? Years can be taxing on your car’s alternator; luckily CJ Pony Parts carries OEM-replacement and high-output alternators at great prices. If you need to bolt up some extra juice to power your aftermarket accessories and maintain battery life, we’ve got you covered.
If you’ve ever encountered a situation where your low-slung custom Mustang has rubbed on a stretch of awkward pavement, you’ll want to check your car’s oil pan for damage. Don’t risk a leak that can immobilize your car over an affordable part. Pick up a replacement oil pan, and drive confident that the motor is well lubricated.
Is your latest build the type of go-for-broke creation that won’t be complete without a monster motor to top it off? Check out the complete selection of 1965 Mustang engines available at CJ Pony Parts. There are lots of options to choose from, including the new-school Ford Coyote, revered Boss 351 and race-proven Ford Racing 302 engines, all tuned to perfection and ready to give your “Stang just the motivation it needs.
Not the year you are looking for? Check out these years: 1964, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, or 1973 for additional options.