1980 Mustang Transmission
By the time the Fox body Mustang came along, Ford had done away with the old 3-speed and 4-speed transmissions. The 1980 Mustang transmission was the first 5-speed gearbox that offered a sportier drive compared to their previous generation of pony cars. The 1980 Mustang transmission did a fine job back in its days. But after three decades of use, your Mustang could use a new transmission, especially if you’re upgrading for performance. The old transmission wasn’t built for extreme performance, and swapping it for a stronger gearbox that can withstand higher torque is the only option if you also want an engine that roars with the best of the American classics.
- 80-93 AOD Nuetral Safety Switch 1980-1993$109.24 Regular Price $114.99
- Ford Driveshaft Bolt Set 1979-2012$12.59 Regular Price $13.99
- Transmission Dipstick Filler Tube Grommet Mustang 1965-2004$3.59 Regular Price $3.99
- Selector Shaft Seal Automatic Transmission 1979-1993$7.19 Regular Price $7.99
- Ford Transmission Crossmember Mounting Nut Pair 1979-1993$3.59 Regular Price $3.99
- Ford Transmission Crossmember Mounting Bolt 1979-1993$19.94 Regular Price $20.99
- Ford Clutch Dowel Pin Set 10.5" 1979-2004$11.69 Regular Price $15.99
- Ford Speedometer Cable To Transmission O-Ring Seal Mustang 1965-1998$6.29 Regular Price $6.99
- Ford Speedometer Cable Gear Retainer Clip 1965-1998$5.39 Regular Price $5.99
- 1980-1993 Automatic Transmission Filter & Gasket Kit AOD$30.39 Regular Price $31.99
- Ford Output Shaft Seal T-5/ AOD/ C4$12.59 Regular Price $13.99
1980 Mustangs with Powerful Engines Need Durable TransmissionsSince overall output of the Mustang engine has skyrocketed over the generations, Ford finally introduced a 6-speed manual in 2010 that can handle high-performance demand from your pony car’s engine. We carry transmissions that you can use to get the best drive out of your ride with the satisfying feeling of slamming into sixth when you’re cruisin’ down the freeway. And because they’re so affordable, a new transmission can fit into your budget easily.
On top of the actual transmission, we carry a huge range of different hardware that you can use to make sure your pony car works to your standards. These include retainers, clutch kits, cooling lines, slip yokes, and more that can all give you the transmission of your dreams.
When you’re tearin’ down your favorite back road or going out for a spin, you want to know that your ‘Stang will shift correctly every time you stomp the clutch, kick into sixth, and punch the gas. With the range of transmissions and other components at CJ Pony Parts, you can do that every day in your sleek and stylish 1980 Mustang.
We’re also dedicated to keeping our prices as low as possible so you can enjoy quality aftermarket parts at scrapyard costs. To help stay that way, our shipping is absolutely free for most orders!
Not the year you are looking for? Check out these years: 1979, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, or 1993 for additional options.