Baer's SS4 Rear Brake System (4262276S) fits Ford 8.8-inch rear housings and applications with 15-inch wheels. The calipers are available in a silver powder coat finish, and they correspond perfectly with Baer's Track4 front brake system if you'd like to achieve a matching look. What's special about the SS4 Rear is that it comes with a modern banksia park brake assembly, an improvement upon the more common drum in hat park brake system.
Features and Benefits:
- One-Piece, 12-Inch Directionally Vaned Rotor
- Includes All Hoses, Fittings, and Hardware
- Stainless Steel Abutments and Noise Suppression Springs
- Hard-Anodized Aluminum Pistons
- Hand-Painted, Machined Logo
- Incorporates a Drum in Hat Park Brake
- Uses Correct Banjo Style Fittings, Never Pipe Thread
- 100 Percent Made in the USA with US-Sourced Material!
The system starts off with Baer's S4 4-piston caliper with D.O.T.-approved dust and weather seals. The caliper uses a common 4-piston pad (DR1) that's easy to replace. The caliper features an internal crossover design and 10mm cross bolts for maximum rigidity.
The S4 caliper is mounted to Baer's 12-inch rotor. The one-piece rotor is zinc plated with a slotted and drilled design.
- 8.800-Inch Ford Rear Housing and SN95 Suspension with 3.250-Inch Standoff
- Kit Has a 5 x 4.500 Wheel Bolt Pattern
- 12-Inch Rotors Fit Most 15-Inch Wheels
In the box, you'll also find stainless steel brake hoses and a machined billet backing plate. The backing plate functions as caliper mount while also housing the banksia one-piece park shoe. The park brake assembly uses the same shoe as the late model Corvette C5/C6.
Please Note: This is a general fit kit; Park Brake Cables NOT Included.