Looking for a new exhaust system on your LX Fox Body? Not sure what to pick? The Varitune Cat-Back Exhaust from BBK can be adjusted for various sound levels! Matching short tube headers are included.
Features and Benefits:
- CARB Approved Direct Bolt-On Exhaust Kit
- Provides Increased Horsepower and Torque
- One-piece Laser cut and Die-Stamped Flanges
- CNC Mandrel Bent 1-5/8” Primaries
- Ceramic Finish Shorty Headers
- Adjustable 1 to 3 Chamber Varitune Mufflers
- 2-3/4” Mandrel Bent Exhaust Tubing with 3-1/2” Tips
- Increased Sound Levels of up to 8-10 Decibels
- Made in USA
The BBK Varitune Cat-Back Exhaust with the CARB Approved 1-5/8” Ceramic Shorty Unequal Length Headers will unlock more horsepower and torque for your 5.0L 1987-1993 LX Mustang. The 50-State-Legal BBK Unequal Length 1-5/8” Shorty Headers come in a Ceramic finish and have CNC mandrel bent tubing.
The BBK 1-5/8” Ceramic Shorty Headers are leak tested and one-piece laser cut and die-stamped flanges for the more secure fitment on your Fox Mustang while carrying the CARB EO# D-245-8. The BBK Varitune Cat-Back system is 2-3/4” mandrel-bent tubing with 3-1/2” Tips for better-unrestricted exhaust flow and performance.
The BBK Cat-back Exhaust System will give your Foxbody a more aggressive sound with an average increase of 8-10 decibels in sound over stock. The Varitune mufflers are adjustable from 1 to 3 chambers at the turn of a wrench to help dial in the best sound and power.
This Kit Includes:
- BBK Ceramic Unequal Length 1-5/8” Shorty Headers (P/N: 15150) – CARD EO# D-245-8
- BBK Varitune Cat-Back Exhaust System (P/N: 3001)
- All Necessary Gaskets and Mounting Hardware
- Installation Instructions
- 1987-1993 LX Mustangs
*Please see P/N: EXK33 for similar kit that fits the 1987-1993 GT Mustang.
Please Note: Installation will require cutting of the factory exhaust piping. Once the modifications have been made and the factory exhaust system is removed, the install will then be a simple bolt-in procedure.
Tech Tip: This Kit will work with the factory mid-pipe, but we strongly recommend using the BBK H-pipe (P/N: 1521) or BBK X-pipe (P/N: 1662) for better performance results.