Comprised of sway bar bushings, strut rod bushings, and leaf spring bushings, the CJ Classics Polyurethane Bushing Kit overhauls your stock 1965-1966 Mustang suspension performance to eliminate bind, grind, and excessive noise. Polyurethane is a durable rubber with integrated lubrication grooves to support the adjustability needed during suspension travel. Select the proper Front Sway Bar diameter found on your 1965-1966 Mustang for a direct-fit application.
Features and Benefits:
- Fitted for Multiple Mustang Front Sway Bar Diameters
- Made of Polyurethane Rubber w/ Built-In Lubrication Grooves
- Steel Brackets with Adjustable Oblong Bracket Holes
- Lower Control Arm Bushing Set includes Grease Packet
- Strut Rod Bushings Reuses Factory Hardware
- Progressive Compression-Rate Bump Stops
- Proper Rebound Prevents Suspension Bottoming Out
- Polyurethane Leaf Spring Bushings Resist Deflection
- Vibration Absorbing Mount Mounts for 289/302/351 Engine
- Thicker Coil Spring Insulator Inner Lip Protects Spring/ Spring Seat
*The Polyurethane transmission mount will not fit 4-speed Toploader Transmissions. It will fit a T-5 Transmission when doing a conversion.
*The Lower Control Arm Bushing Set does not include metal shells. These are designed to be pressed into existing bushing shells.
*The Strut Rod Bushing Set does not include sleeves or washers.
The lower control arms and shock tower bumpers can be responsible for a stiff, bumpier ride, which is why CJ Classics replaces the bushings and bumpers for a progressive compression rate. This rate improves rebound to prevent bottoming out and retain the upper control arm from colliding with the outer shock tower cover.
The last thing you want to hear when you're coasting in your 1965-1966 Mustang is a leaf spring bushing bind or coil spring insulator vibration. The polyurethane construction deflects vibration and keeps excessive noise to a minimum. To prevent premature tearing, the coil spring insulator inner lip is taller and thicker, keeping the spring centered.
Extreme heat and engine vibration are no match for the included motor mounts. Solid rubber motor mounts cannot dissipate heat compared to polyurethane rubber, which is developed to reduce vibration and handle high-horsepower applications.
- Polyurethane Lower Control Arm Bushing Set
- Polyurethane Strut Rod Bushing Set
- Polyurethane Shock Tower Bumper Set
- Polyurethane Leaf Spring Bushing Kit
- (4) Black Front Eye Bushings
- (8) Black Rear Shackle Bushings for 1/2" Bolts
- (2) Polyurethane Motor Mounts (Driver & Passenger Side)
- Polyurethane Transmission Mount
- (2) 1/8" Polyurethane Coil Spring Insulators (Driver & Passenger Side)
- Some 1965-1966 Mustangs may have 9/16" rear shackle bolts, whereas most 1965-1966 Mustangs have 1/2" bolts. It is important to verify which size rear shackle bolts are in your Mustang before ordering.
- Motor Mounts will fit 1964-1/2-1965 Mustangs with 1966-1970 style engine frame brackets (Part # EFB1).