Mcleod’s 164-Tooth Aluminum Flywheel and Ford Performance Bolt Kit completely change the feeling and performance of your clutch pedal on your 1996-1998 GT or 2001-2010 GT Mustang. The body of the flywheel is CNC Machined 6061 T6 aluminum and comes with a replaceable steel friction plate and 1045 steel hardened ring gear that is a 0oz neutral balance. The lighter weight over the factory flywheel offers increased acceleration due to its lighter weight and increase traction due to the increased tooth count along with the wheel.
Features and Benefits:
- OE Style Direct Fit Replacement
- Neutral Balance Flywheel
- CNC 6061 T6 Aluminum Construction
- 1045 Hardened Steel Ring Gear
- Improved Throttle Response
- Better Overall Performance
- Replaceable Steel Friction Plate
- OEM Steel Construction Bolts
- Factory Correct M10 X 1X 26.5 Threads
- Quick and Easy Installation
- Made in USA
To extend the life of the flywheel, a corrosive-resistant black coating has been added to its exterior. Ford Performance’s bolt kit offers an excellent base to mount the flywheel, with a factory thread count and shares a rust-resistant coating. The icing on the cake is the direct OEM design, making the installation of the flywheel the same as replacing the original.
- (1) Mcleod 164-Tooth Aluminum Flywheel (P/N: MTF85)
- (1) Set of 8 Ford Performance Flywheel Bolts (P/N: M6379B)
- 1996-1998 GT Mustangs
- 2001-2004 GT Mustangs
- 2005-2010 GT Mustangs
Tech Tip: Engines built in the Romeo plant have 6-bolt crankshafts and Windsor-built engines have an 8-bolt crank. If the 8th character in your VIN is an "X" then it is a Windsor block. If the 8th character in the VIN is a "W" then it is a Romeo block. There is one exception, the 2001 Bullitt Mustang features a Romeo-built engine. If you are not confident which setup you have, please check with your local Ford dealer to determine if you have a 6 or an 8-bolt main.