Total Control Products Right Hand Drive Manual Rack And Pinion Conversion System 260/289/302/351W 1965-1966
Total Control Products Right Hand Drive Manual Rack and Pinion Conversion System for 1965-1966 Mustangs with a 260, 289, 302 or 351W Engine.
Are you craving more space in the engine bay of your 1965-1966 Mustang? What about a more modern steering set up? If this sounds like you, check out this Total Control Products Right Hand Drive Manual Rack and Pinion Conversion System (TCP RCKM161) that’s designed to fit Mustangs with a 260, 289, 302 or 351W engine.
Features & Benefits:
- Fits 1965-1966 right hand drive Mustangs with a 260/289/302/351W engine
- Contains manual rack and pinion unit, column steering shaft and universal joints and tie rod adapters
- Duplicates the factory travel of 6-3/8”
- Offers the most clearance for the installation of aftermarket headers and exhaust for classic Fords by keeping the steering shaft and universal joints close to the frame rail
- Allows for exact duplication of stock inner tie rod positions to maintain correct geometry
- Maximizes ground clearance by replacing factory crossmember behind the oil pan
- Stronger in both compression and torsion compared to the factory crossmember
- Steel tubing of the rack has a 20% larger diameter than the factory brace it replaces
- Provides superior road feel and steering through use of straight-cut gears
- Straight-cut gears drive the rack gear in the desired direction
This Right Hand Drive Manual Rack and Pinion System is designed to be used with your 65-66 Mustang’s OEM steering column. Included in this system is a manual rack and pinion unit, column steering shaft and universal joints and tie rod adapters. This high performance system was designed to maintain correct steering geometry while still providing a positive, direct steering feel. Using quick ratio, straight-cut gears, this rack and pinion attains a three turn lock-to-lock for faster steering response and control.
This system reuses factory mounting points wherever possible, and has a mixture of mounting brackets and centerlinks to adapt to your Mustang and streamline installation. The mounting brackets and centerlinks are engine size specific to account for oil pan clearance. After you finish your install, the straight steel tubing of the rack will replace the factory crossmember in your classic Mustang.
Tech Tip: This system is for use with right hand drive vehicles or when converting to a right hand drive vehicle.
Please Note: Hooker Super Competition long tube headers are NOT recommended for use with this Rack and Pinion Conversion. These headers will not clear the Rack and Pinion due to the longer length primary tubes and will cause fitment issues.
Order a Total Control Products (TCP RCKM161) Right Hand Drive Manual Rack and Pinion Conversion System for your 1965-1966 Mustang with a 260, 289, 302 or 351W Engine from CJ Pony Parts today!
California Residents: Proposition 65 Warning
Advanced skill is required for this installation.
- Total Control Products Bump Steer Kit Manual Steering 1965-1966$234.73 Regular Price $241.99