COMP Cams Magnum 288R Solid/Mechanical Roller Camshaft Set with a 2200 to 6500 RPM Range for Mustangs with a 289 or 302 Engine.Available with camshaft only, camshaft and lifers, small kit or complete kit.
This mechanical roller camshaft will fit Ford 289 and 302 engines from 1963-1995.
Magnum camshafts generate great high RPM power. They can be used with mild ratio rocker arms and traditional performance valve springs as they are easy on valve train parts. These camshafts generally like compression ratios of 9.5:1 and higher. A torque converter and gear change is usually required. The larger Magnum cams are a little lazy at low RPMs.
The Magnum 288R camshaft produces a rough idle with broad power on applications using a low axle ratio, 2500 stall torque converter and headers.
- RPM Range: 2200 to 6500
- Valve Timing: 0.02
- Lobe separation (degrees): 110
- Intake Centerline (degrees): 106
- Valve Lash: Intake 0.02/Exhaust 0.02
- Duration: Intake 288/Exhaust 288
- Duration @ .050" Lift: Intake 246/Exhaust 246
- Valve Lift: Intake 0.586/Exhaust 0.586
- Lobe Lift: Intake 0.368/Exhaust 0.368
- Camshaft (317608) Only
- Camshaft (317608) and Lifters
- Small Kit - Camshaft (317608), Lifters, Timing Chain Set and Assembly Lube
- Complete Kit - Everything in Small Kit plus Valve Springs, Valve Spring Retainers, Valve Locks and Valve Stem Seals
Similar Mustang PartsMore Mustang Camshafts, Rocker Arms & Valve Train
You Might Also Like
CJ's Low Price:$2,428.60
CJ's Low Price:$1,513.25
CJ's Low Price:$479.95
CJ's Low Price:$301.99