Maximum Motorsports Standard Offset Tubular Front Lower Control Arms with Delrin Bushings for 1979-1993 Mustangs.Maximum Motorsports front control arms set a new, higher standard of performance. Their engineering team designed these from a clean sheet of paper, which is why they are not only unique looking, but stronger than any others.
* MM tubular front control arms are a true 'A'-arm rather than a 'V'-arm. This provides maximum rigidity and equalizes forces delivered into the K-member.
* MM font control arms are gusseted in critical areas to ensure that the entire control arm will bend in an accident before a weld ever breaks.
* MM front control arms allow a tighter turning radius by allowing the tires to steer at a greater angle than the sock control arms.
* Available with either urethane or Delrin bushings. Urethane bushings are much smaller and stiffer than stock control arm bushings to provide increased responsiveness with minimum noise. Delrin bushings have zero deflection for compettion, and have a marginal increase in ride harshness and noise compared to urethane bushings.
* The MM control arms can be installed on a stock K-Member, or on most other aftermarket K-Members which accept stock control arms (some modifications are requred to a stock K member).
* The MM front control arms can only be used with a coil-over conversion kit; they do not allow the installation of springs in the stock location.
Similar Mustang PartsMore Front Lower Control Arms
Product ReviewsWrite a review
You Might Also Like
/** * Cases for simple product that is not on sale */ ?>CJ's Low Price:$17.99
/** * Cases for simple product that is not on sale */ ?>CJ's Low Price:$20.99
Jack: No problem, Bill. For the '79 to '04 cars, we have our heavy duty lower control arm with an adjustable spring perch on it. This model has a spherical bearing in the rear half. It has a 3-piece polyurethane in the front half to allow easy articulation and smooth motion. The adjustable spring perch gives the owner the ability to adjust the right height with a 1/2" ratchet. They just stick it in the bottom of the control arm, and they can raise and lower it easily. This is especially useful if you have a drag race car for instance, and you take it to the strip, and you put large slicks on it, and you need more tire clearance. Or if you're a road racer, an auto crosser, and you drive the car to the track, when you load all your floor jack, jack stands, tires and everything in the car, when you get there you want to have the car low, but during the ride, you want to have enough ride height so the car's not bottoming out. You can raise it up for that, and lower it at the track.
On this side of the display we have our extreme duty lower control arm. This unit has a spherical bearing in the rear like the heavy duty model, but it also has a spherical bearing at the front. The bearing isn't visible on the control arm because there's polyurethane thrust washers used in the front to keep the control arm from rolling when the spring load is applied. This particular model does not have an adjustable spring perch, it has a fixed spring perch. It's a little lighter than the other model, it's a little less expensive, and it can take higher power levels. We offer combinations of extreme duty with adjustable perch or fixed perch, and heavy duty with adjustable perch or fixed perch.
Bill: How's the NVH going to be on the extreme duty by getting rid of that normal front bushing and going into that sleeve?
Jack: That really depends quite a bit on the condition of the car. For example, if you have a full interior car and it's a later Sn95 model, the NVH difference won't be that large because the sound deadening, and the rear seats and so forth will absorb a lot of that energy.
Bill: On a race car you'd probably hear it more, but you can hear everything else anyway.
Jack: Exactly. On a race car it's going to be much louder, but it's irrelevant.
Bill: Jack, we appreciate you coming out today. Thank you for telling us about your products. If you're looking for a high performance suspension for your late model Mustang, make sure you check out our selection of products from Maximum Motorsports.