Double Hump Adjustable Transmission Crossmember for all 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992 and 1993 Mustangs with a T-5 or AOD Transmission and a True Dual Exhaust System.
If you are installing a new dual exhaust system or simply in need to replace the transmission crossmember on your 1979-1993 Mustang, you can't pass up on this Double Hump Adjustable Transmission Crossmember. Designed specifically for a T-5 or AOD transmission, this crossmember’s unique double hump design and adjustability make for a convenient addition that will let you keep more modification options open in the future.
This transmission crossmember will directly fit all Fox Body Mustangs that have a 4-12" mounting dimension between the crossmember mounting brackets. However it can still be used on Fox Bodies that have a 2-1/4" mounting dimension by simply relocating the mounting brackets.
Features & Benefits:
- Double Hump Design
- Cut from Factory-Grade Steel
- Supports Transmission & Aligns it Correctly
- Outer Tubes can be Adjusted for Different Engine/Transmission Combinations
- Simplifies Installation of True Dual Exhaust System
- Bushings & Hardware Included
This transmission crossmember features a double hump design that will allow for a much simpler installation of a dual exhaust system on your Fox Body. The outer tubes are not welded to the center support so they can be adjusted to fit most engines and transmission combinations. Once mounted to your Mustang, this crossmember will support your AOD or T-5 transmission and help align it correctly with your engine and driveshaft. Manufactured from factory-grade steel.
The bushings and correct mounting hardware are included to help make installing this transmission crossmember much easier.
- 1978-1981 Ford Fairmont with a 2-3/4" Mounting Dimension
- 1978-1981 Mercury Zephyr with a 2-3/4" Mounting Dimension
- 1979-1981 Mercury Capri with a 2-3/4" Mounting Dimension
- 1980-1988 Ford Thunderbird with a 4-1/2" Mounting Dimension
- 1980-1988 Mercury Cougar with a 4-1/2" Mounting Dimension
- 1981-1982 Ford Granada with a 2-3/4" Mounting Dimension
- 1981-1982 Mercury Monarch with a 2-3/4" Mounting Dimension
- 1982 Ford Fairmont with a 4-1/2" Mounting Dimension
- 1982 Mercury Zephyr with a 4-1/2" Mounting Dimension
- 1982-1993 Mercury Capri with a 4-1/2" Mounting Dimension
- 1983+ Ford LTD with a 4-1/2" Mounting Dimension
- 1983+ Mercury Marquis with a 4-1/2" Mounting Dimension
Because of their age, the transmission in your classic Mustang can be in a variety of conditions depending on how well they've been maintained and used. Some are in need of many transmission parts in order to work properly, while others desperately need completely replaced. Check out the wide range of transmission products now available!
Go ahead and order a Double Hump Adjustable Transmission Crossmember for your 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992 or 1993 Mustang with a T-5 or AOD Transmission and a True Dual Exhaust System.
Product ReviewsWrite a review
Will this work with my factory 4 speed on my 83 GLX with the 5 liter?
I have a 1983 thunderbird automatic will this work with my car
will this work for a c-4 transmission
I am trying to convert my 85 mustang to true dual exhaust, however the tranny cross member is made for single exhaust back to the cats. So it has only one hump to allow this. You have a dual hump cross member. Is this what I need to solve my problem?
will this fit on a 1992 mustang automatic?
is shipping free
You Might Also Like
CJ's Low Price:$68.99
CJ's Low Price:$43.99
CJ's Low Price:$19.99
CJ's Low Price:$44.99
CJ's Low Price:$189.99