Paxton Supercharger Kit Polished with Driver Side Mount 260/289/302 1965-1968/351W 1969/5.0L 1985
Paxton Polished Driver Side Mount Supercharger Kit for 1965-1968 Mustangs with a 250, 289 or 302 Engine, 1969 Mustangs with a 351W Engine or 1985 Mustangs with a 5.0L Engine.Don't be discouraged from adding forced induction to your Mustang just because it is not fuel injected. Paxton designed this system specifically for engines topped with a carburetor. Depending on your engine build, your Mustang will benefit from a from 30%-75% horsepower increase. The nearly silent Novi-1200 won't alert anyone to the massive power plant under the hood.
Paxton's kit includes a carburetor enclosure that sits on top of the carburetor. The enclosure pressurizes the float bowls and throttle shafts for seamless response and correct air/fuel ratio. Multiple locations for pressure/vacuum connections are included along with front and rear -8 AN fuel inlet ports. Factory stock compression ratio is recommended.
1969 H-Code cars with a 351W and two barrel carburetor will greatly benefit from this kit. Factory compression is 9.5 to 1 (dished top pistons) which works well with forced induction. Boost will be limited on M-Code cars with a 10.7 to 1 compression ratio (flat top pistons).
Includes: - Cast aluminum carburetor enclosure assembly for use with Holley #4150 type, Quick Fuel Q-750 BAN or Demon 650 MD four barrel carburetors (Mechanical secondaries, .120 needle and seat plus nitrophyll float set)
- Novi-1200 supercharger with 3.7" 8-rib pulley (Produces approximately 7-1/2 PSI @ 5500 RPM on a stock V8 engine)
- Supercharger drive system with all necessary belts and pulleys (For use in V-belt setup)
- Billet aluminum mounting plate configuration for alternator and supercharger drive assembly
- Aluminum discharge tube with Bosch compressor bypass valve
- Fuel system upgrade with high-volume boost-referenced mechanical fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel lines and high-flow air filter
- Linkage arms, splined shaft and left/right hand spherical rod ends make throttle connections and adjustments simple
- All necessary hardware
- 1965-1968 with 260/289/302
- 1969 with 351W (H-code)
- 1985 5.0L
*Not compatible with power steering pump mounting.
*Not compatible with air conditioning.
*If a Holley carburetor is used, an air diffuser (8M011-001) is recommended.
*A cowl hood may be necessary if an aftermarket intake manifold is used.
*The throttle linkage is compatible with 1965-1968 Mustangs (No other models) only.
*Small diameter distributor caps will clear the carburetor enclosure but larger caps will cause interference.
*Certain valve covers may cause interference with the supplied air filter.
I have a stroked 302 to 347 with a compression off 10.51 and flat top pistons. Does this kit work on this engine?
With the right fuel it will work.
Date published: 2016-01-22
anyone make a supercharger kit for 351c
No, those aren't available.
Date published: 2015-03-16