When you are replacing the floor pan on your 1965-1968 Convertible Mustang, new seat platforms are a recommended replacement as well. It would be difficult to drive your classic beauty without a properly mounted seat, so CJ Pony Parts is proud to offer this premium One-Piece Seat Platform in Weld-Thru Primer (3647YWT) from CJ Classics! CJ Classics's high-quality, one-piece seat platform runs from the driver side floor pan over the transmission tunnel and onto the passenger side floor pan. The OEM-style reproduction seat platform comes to you in a a weld-thru primer finish for additional rust protection and it's constructed from premium -quality stamped steel for a durable and long-lasting life in your pony. Order your complete seat platform today from CJ's!
Advantages of Weld-Thru Primer:
- Reduces prep time when welding new parts to new parts that are both covered in the weld thru primer
- Reduced spatter
- Lower distortion of the panels
- Superior conductive properties that help minimize high heat zone problems
- Eliminates corrosion that would form between overlapped panels or multi-layered spot welds
- Helps when welding a new panel to old metal
- Lower resistance at the weld surface allows better penetration into the denser, new steel that helps forgive an old alloy's problems with porosity and impurities
- Helps prevent resin build up between welds that can trap moisture in the old porous steel that leads to failure at the weld borders
*The one-piece seat platform must be welded to the floor pan for a correct installation.
*Will also fit 1967-1970 Convertible Mercury Cougars.