If you're in the process of restoring a 1965-1970 coupe or fastback Mustang with extensive structural damage, you will most likely need this inner portion of the outer rocker panel. This Driver Side Outer Rocker Panel Inner Cap 3647MGWT is constructed of high-quality stamped steel, offering much-needed structural support. The inner cap for the outer rocker panel is located underneath the door and runs from the front of the rear wheelhouse to the rear of the front fender, behind the full outer rocker panel.
This part comes in a weld-thru primer to provide ample rust protection, along with additional advantages. It prevents resin build up between welds that can trap moisture in the old porous steel, resulting in failure at the weld borders. Lower resistance at the weld surface also allows better penetration into the denser, new steel that helps forgive an old alloy's problems with porosity and impurities.
Features and Benefits:
- Weld-Thru Primer Reduces Prep Time and Splatter
- Lower Distortion of the Panels
- Superior Conductive Properties Minimize High Heat Zone Issues
- Eliminates Corrosion Between Overlapped Panels or Multi-Layered Spot Welds
- Provides Structural Support
- Constructed of High-Quality Stamped Steel