If you are restoring a 1965-1970 coupe or fastback Mustang that has extensive structural damage, you will most likely need this inner portion of the outer rocker panel. CJ Classics's full-length inner cap for the outer rocker panel offers increased structural support. Constructed from high-quality stamped steel with a weld-thru primer finish.
The inner cap for the outer rocker panel is located underneath the door and runs from the front of the rear wheelhouse to the rear of the front fender, behind the full outer rocker panel.
Advantages of Weld-Thru Primer:
- Reduces prep time when welding new parts to new parts that are both covered in the weld thru primer
- Reduced spatter
- Lower distortion of the panels
- Superior conductive properties that help minimize high heat zone problems
- Eliminates corrosion that would form between overlapped panels or multi-layered spot welds
- Helps when welding a new panel to old metal
- Lower resistance at the weld surface allows better penetration into the denser, new steel that helps forgive an old alloy's problems with porosity and impurities
- Helps prevent resin build up between welds that can trap moisture in the old porous steel that leads to failure at the weld borders