If you have upgraded to a larger, high-performance wheel & tire package, it's probably a good idea to get the proper wheel housing that will provide your 1965-1970 Mustang with enough clearance. You'll find that with this Deep Tub Kit from Detroit Speed. Designed to be a perfect fit, you'll still get a OE appearance despite a fantastic accommodation for your wider wheels & tires.
These are the deep tubs that we here at CJ Pony Parts used on our popular 50/30 project 1965 Fastback Mustang.
- Mini-Tubes (2)
- Frame Rail Section (2)
- 4" x 3.25" Doubler Plate (4)
- 4" x 2" Doubler Plate (4)
- 2-1/2" Wider than Stock
- Designed for a Perfect Fit
- Stamped from 18-Gauge Steel
- Accommodates Wider Tire & Wheel Packages
- Significantly Reduces the Number of Hours Required for Project
- Retains Stock Appearance
- Made in the USA
Detroit Speed's tubes are crafted to be a perfect fit on your classic Mustang and will drastically cut down the amount of hours you'll spend on your mini-tube project. Manufactured from 18-gauge steel, the tubs are 2-1/2" wider than stock. These tubs are designed to accommodate larger wheel & tire packages includes tires as wide as 315 mm & 335 mm for '65-'68 & '69-'70 Mustangs respectively. This kit includes a pair of frame rail sections and doubler plates to help adjust to the wider tires. Once installed however, these American made tubs will retain a factory appearance.
Possible 1965-1970 Mustang Wheel & Tires Fitments:
- 1965-1966 - 17" x 10.5" Wheels with 295/40R17 Tires
- 1965-1966 - 18" x 10.5" Wheels with 295/35R18 Tires
- 1965-1966 - 17" x 11" Wheels with 315/35R17 Tires*
- 1965-1966 - 18" x 11" Wheels with 315/30R18 Tires*
- 1967-1968 - 17" x 12" Wheels with 335/35R17 Tires
- 1967-1968 - 18" x 12" Wheels with 335/30R18 Tires
- 1969-1970 - 17" x 12" Wheels with 335/35R17 Tires
- 1969-1970 - 18" x 12" Wheels with 335/30R18 Tires
*Frame rail will need to be narrowed by 1" for this specific tire fitment.
Tech Tip: Although backspacing can fluctuate, it's recommended to have at least 5.5" for ideal rear caliper clearance.
Detroit Speed was founded to provide high-quality automotive components & systems which deliver high performance to your Mustang. Their line of products has been developed through extensive engineering analysis, testing and development to make sure you get the highest quality performance so your Mustang won't just look good, but will also function at a high level for many years to come. Check out the list of other Detroit Speed product that are now available here at CJ Pony Parts!
Purchase this Detroit Speed Deep Tub Kit for your 1965, 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969 or 1970 Mustang from CJ Pony Parts today!