Performance brakes play an essential role in sport driving scenarios, whether that be autocross, track days, Solo II or club racing events. Hawk Performance heeds your call for high-friction brake pads and long-lasting rotors with their complete front brake set. Add a pair of Talon Rotors and a set of HP Plus Front Brake Pads to your 1987-1993 GT Mustang for maximum stopping power and quiet operation.
Features and Benefits:
- Complete Front Set for Driver and Passenger Sides
- Extremely High Friction Output
- Suitable for Autocross and Club Racing Events
- Virtually Noise-Free with High Friction Hot or Cold
- G3000 Metallurgy-Superior Automotive Casting Material
- Salt-Spray Tested Per ISO-9227, Exceeding 240-Hour Requirement
- Magni Coating Barrier Maintains Superior Corrosion Resistance
- Quick and Easy Bed-In Resists Galling
- Validated Design and Performance through Dynamometer Testing
- Manufactured in ISO-Certified Facilities in North America
Each HP Plus Front Brake Pad is 0.650 inches thick with a seriously high friction output. This can be attributed to the use of a specially developed Ferro-Carbon material manufactured for sport driving applications. The Ferro-Carbon formulation boasts lower wear rates and higher torque values when compared to materials used by competitors. If you're in possession of a high-performance competition Mustang, these HP Plus pads are the perfect upgrade from the stock originals.
The HP Plus can withstand repetitive, heavy braking while doubling pad life and reducing rotor wear by a walloping 82 percent. Maximizing stopping power with the HP Plus provides driver confidence with noise-free operation and dust reduction.
- Set of HP Plus Front Brake Pads (HB263N.650)
- Pair of Drilled and Slotted Talon Front Rotors (HTC4011)
The Hawk Performance Talon Rotors are just as likely to live up to your expectations. Since they're built to OE specs, weights and production processes, they'll fit your Mustang without modifications. Hawk's proprietary DTC curved Rotor is balanced with CNC programmed, precision milled slots to dramatically reduce harmonic resonance issues and maintain a debris-free pad surface. The Rotor is also cross-drilled for better thermal efficiency, heat dissipation and wet braking.
- 1987-1993 Mustang GT
*Does NOT fit 1993 SVT Cobra Mustangs.
Tech Tip: Hawk Performance burnishes its brake pads as a final step in the factory, but all brake pads have to be bedded-in with the rotors (new or used) that they will be used against. Properly bedding-in new brake pads results in a transfer film being generated at the pad and rotor interface to maximize brake performance.