When replacing a clutch, the flywheel is one of the most overlooked parts. You have two choices: One is to resurface the flywheel and the other is to replace it. McLeod's Nodular Iron Flywheels (453100) are Made in the USA and provide a high quality yet low-cost alternative to the hassles of resurfacing a flywheel. This Nodular Iron flywheel is stronger than the OEM unit while being a direct bolt-in assembly.
Will NOT fit models with a V6 or an Automatic transmission.
If you are having your engine rebuilt or modified to a different bore and stroke that was not factory, please contact your engine builder to confirm which type of balance Flywheel may be necessary for your specific application as you may have to match the engine's Harmonic Balancer weight with the newly installed Flywheel. For stock applications, a 50 oz. flywheel will be best.
- Ring Gear: 157-Tooth (13.25” Diameter)
- Flywheel Material: Nodular Cast Iron
- Engine Balance: External Balance
- Clutch Pattern: 10.5” Diaphragm with Dowel Pin Holes
- Flywheel Balance: 50 oz.
- Crankshaft to Flywheel: 6-Bolt Pattern
- 1986-1995 5.0L Mustangs with a Manual Transmission