Upgrade your underhood performance with an additional cooling feature. Assist the radiator by installing the Mishimoto Black Thermostatic Oil Cooler Kit MMOC-MUS-79TBK with a Sandwich Plate for 1979-1993 5.0L Mustangs to keep the oil running through your cylinder heads from overheating your engine.
Features and Benefits:
- Direct-fit for the 1979-1993 5.0L Mustang
- Includes Fox Body Specific Mounting Bracket
- Design Provides Optimal Fluid Temperature Reduction
- Billet Aluminum Thermostatic Oil Sandwich Plate
- Significant Performance Benefits with Minimal Pressure Loss
- Sleathly Black Finish
- Hassle-Free Installation
If you have a custom, high-powered Fox Body engine, whether that's turbocharged or supercharged, an abundance of unwanted heat is produced under the hood. Prevent potential accelerated oil breakdown and engine wear by installing the direct-fit oil cooler kit. This kit features a large 19-row oil cooler that mounts in the front bumper for maximum airflow and cooling efficiency.
A simple installation with the Fox Body specific mounting bracket, this oil cooler adds more than .65 qt to your total oil capacity. The kit also includes preassembled lines, fittings, oil sandwich plate, and all necessary hardware. This Mishimoto oil cooler kit includes a thermostatic sandwich plate for additional oil temperature control, and the cooler is features a stealthy black finish.
- Material: 6061 Aluminum
- Core Height: 5.43”
- Cooler Construction: Stacked-plate
- Core Thickness: 1.97”
- Core Length: 11”
- Fitting Size: -10AN
- Increase in Oil Capacity: 0.65 Quart
- (1) Application Specific Mounting Bracket
- (1) 19-Row Silver Oil Cooler
- (1) 3ft, 5in Stainless Steel Braided Hose with 45 Degree and 90 Degree -10AN Fittings
- (1) 4ft, 1in Stainless Steel Braided Hose with 45 Degree and 90 Degree -10AN Fittings
- (1) M20 Thermostatic Sandwich Plate
- (1) 3/4 x 16 Stainless Steel Sandwich Plate Adapter
- (2) M20 x -10AN Straight Fittings
- (1) Mounting Hardware Set
Tech Tip: Recommended torque specification for all straight fittings and banjo bolts: 15-25 ft/lbs (operating range). Do not exceed the maximum torque rating of 35 ft/lbs.
Please Note: It is the installer's responsibility to check all thermostat plugs, NPT plugs, line fittings, and other connections to assure they are fully tightened before operating the vehicle. CJ Pony Parts recommends that you check all connections at regular intervals, especially during the first few miles after installation.