PerTronix Flame-Thrower Black Female Cap Cast Distributor with Ignitor III for 1965-1973 Mustangs with a 289 or 302 Engine.PerTronix distributors are designed for maximum ignition performance and easy installation all at a price you can afford. Replace your outdated points or electronic distributor with this performance proven distributor which features PerTronix's most advanced Ignitor III electronics. All this in a cast housing that looks closer to being period correct.
PerTronix's Ignitor III is a powerful micro controller that features adaptive dwell algorithms that constantly adjusts the dwell angle to maintain peak energy throughout the entire RPM range for increased high and low RPM performance. Ignitor III systems develop up to 5 times more energy between 3000 and 5000 RPM than standard ignition systems.
Flame-Thrower Distributor with Ignitor III Features:
- Integrated Ignitor III technology with adaptive dwell control
- Cobalt magnets and Hall Effect trigger for stable timing and precise spark distribution
- Tempered distributor shafts have low torsion displacement for accurate timing and longer life
- A powerful micro controller with adaptive dwell algorithms constantly adjust the dwell angle to maintain peak energy throughout the entire RPM range for increased high and low RPM performance
- The Ignitor III compensates for the inherent electronic delay by adjusting the spark timing throughout the enter RPM range
- Synchronized peak current and spark timing reduces heat build-up
- Precision stamped advance weights eliminate erratic timing
- Adjustable mechanical advance with proprietary limiting functions permits multiple settings
- Factory set with a performance advance curve; comes with extra springs for custom advance curves
- High dielectric strength cap with female brass terminals and premium rotor with brass contact
- Compatible with most Capacitive Discharge Systems
- All new cast housing molded after the original Ford distributors
- Tailored advance curve for optimum performance
- Adjustable vacuum canisters for extra tenability
- High dielectric strength cap and rotor with brass contacts
- Legal in all 50 states (C.A.R.B. E.O. #D-57-23)
Product ReviewsWrite a review
If I'm replacing a factor dual vacuum distributor with a Flame-Thrower III Distributor, Ignition Coil and wire set, what do I do with the second vacuum line?
Why does it have two wires and does it connect with a stock coil
what is the difference between the D7134600 and D7130700. I have 66 289...does one come with a coil?
I ordered the same distributor from mustangs unlimited and it came with a 1.421" drive gear instead of a 1.249" gear used on 289/302 engines.does your' s come with a 1.249" drive gear?
You Might Also Like
CJ's Low Price:$278.99
From:CJ's Low Price:$55.99