PerTronix Flame-Thrower 'Plug-N-Play' Red Male Cap Billet Distributor with Ignitor III for 1965-1973 Mustangs with 351W Engines.Plug-N-Play billet distributors are designed for maximum ignition performance and easy installation all at a price you can afford. Replace your outdated points or electronic distributor with this performance proven distributor which features PerTronix's patented Ignitor III electronics. All this in a CNC polished billet housing.
PerTronix's Ignitor III is a powerful micro controller that features adaptive dwell algorithms that constantly adjusts the dwell angle to maintain peak energy throughout the entire RPM range for increased high and low RPM performance. Ignitor III systems develop up to 5 times more energy between 3000 and 5000 RPM than standard ignition systems.
Flame Thrower Distributor With Ignitor III Features:
- Integrated Ignitor III technology with adaptive dwell control
- Cobalt magnets and Hall Effect trigger for stable timing and precise spark distribution
- CNC machined billet housings polished to a high luster
- Tempered distributor shafts have low torsion displacement for accurate timing and longer life
- A powerful micro controller with adaptive dwell algorithms constantly adjust the dwell angle to maintain peak energy throughout the entire RPM range for increased high and low RPM performance.
- The Ignitor III compensates for the inherent electronic delay by adjusting the spark timing throughout the entire RPM range.
- Synchronized peak current and spark timing reduces heat build-up.
- Upper ball bearing and extra long oil impregnated bronze lower bushing; reduces friction and high RPM vibration
- Precision stamped advance weights eliminate erratic timing
- Adjustable mechanical advance with proprietary limiting functions permits multiple settings
- Factory set with a performance advance curve; comes with extra springs for custom advance curves
- High dielectric strength red cap with male brass terminals and premium rotor with brass contact
- Compatible with most Capacitive Discharge Systems
- Legal in all 50 states and Canada (C.A.R.B. E.O. #D-57-12)
Flame-Thrower billet distributors are frequently used in tight engine compartments due to their Plug n' Play design and relatively small size.
*Although PerTronix distributors fit their intended engine application, each vehicle application must be evaluated independently to insure adequate space for distributor fitment as well as air cleaner and hood clearance.
*Non vacuum advance distributors do not have an E.O. number and are not legal for sale or use on pollution controlled motor vehicles.
Product ReviewsWrite a review
I have a 68 mustang with a 351 Windsor, Edelbrock RPM AirGap intake and was wondering if this has enough clearance to fit this intake. My current HEI from Davis Unified does not because the cap diameter is too large or the shaft is not long enough.
You Might Also Like
/** * Cases for simple product that is not on sale */ ?>CJ's Low Price:$282.21
From: /** Note: This is used for related configurable parts to properly display price w/o regular price */?>CJ's Low Price:$39.99
/** Note: This is used for related configurable parts to properly display price w/o regular price */?>CJ's Low Price:$56.99
/** * Cases for simple product that is not on sale */ ?>CJ's Low Price:$139.04