Pertronix Electronic Ignition Ignitor III Dual Point V8
- Adjustable Rev Limiter
- No Moving Parts To Wear Out
- Fits Inside The Distributor
- 50 State Carb Legal
Pertronix Ignitor III Electronic Ignition for V8 Engines with Non-Vacuum Advance Dual Point Distributors.
Pertronix's all new Ignitor III ignition modules are designed for the serious performance enthusiast who demands serious power. You have seen the performance increases the Ignitor and Ignitor II series of electronic ignitions have brought. Now get ready for more, as in 5 times more spark energy than points systems. Ignitor III modules provide ignition box performance without the "box"! For the maximum Ignitor III benefit, select one of PerTronix's Flame-Thrower III or HC ignition coils.
Dual point Motorcraft distributors, which were used in high performance Ford, Mercury and Pantera applications, will certainly benefit from PerTronix's 71281D Ignitor III conversion. This kit simply installs in place of the points and offers performance levels well beyond the reach of points systems. This dual point Ignitor III from Pertronix will increase burn time, improve combustion, give you more horsepower and improve mileage. Easy to install.
Ignitor III Features:
- Adaptive dwell maintains peak energy throughout the entire RPM range, reducing misfires while improving engine performance
- Peak current level is reached just prior to spark for maximum energy without the heat build-up
- Adjusts spark timing at higher RPMs to compensate for the inherent electronic delay
- Senses start-up and develops more energy for quicker, easier starting
- Multi-spark ignition thru the entire RPM range
- Integrated adjustable REV Limiter with LED feedback; accurate to +/-50 RPM
- Thermal clad surface mount construction for high performance reliability
- Built in reverse polarity and over current protection shuts off system, preventing damage
- Rotating cobalt magnets trigger a Hall Effect integrated circuit
- No points to burn or moving parts to wear out
- Fits entirely inside the distributor
- No black box to clutter the engine compartment
- Stable timing, no need for any adjustments
- Uncomplicated wiring makes for easy installation
- Legal in all 50 states and Canada (C.A.R.B. E.O. #D-57-8)
- Guaranteed for 30 months
Ignitor III Specifications:
- For use on non-vacuum advance dual point distributors
- Operating Voltage: 8-V to 16-V DC
- Temperature Range: -50 to 300F
- RPM Range: 0 to 15,000 RPM
- Polarity: 12V negative ground
- 1965-19672 Mustangs
- 1957-1979 F-100s
- 1966-1977 Broncos
*Ignitor III applications require suppression core ignition wires.
Order this Pertronix Ignitor III Electronic Ignition for your V8 Engine with Non-Vacuum Advance Dual Point Distributors from CJ Pony Parts today!
Novice skill is required for this installation.
This product will fit the following Bronco years:
This product will fit the following F-100 years:
This product will fit the following Mustang years: