Ford Performance High Torque Mini-Starter 1.4Kw 289/ 302/ 351C/ 351W
- 30% Smaller Than OE Starter
- About A 5 lb. Weight Savings
- High-Output Motor
- Includes Special Battery Cable
Ford Performance High Torque Mini-Starter for 289, 302, 351C or 351W Engines with a 164-Tooth Manual Flywheel or Flexplate.
This High Torque Mini-Starter from Ford Performance is ideal for high-performance engines running large headers. It pairs a small profile with impressive cranking power!
Features and Benefits:
- About 30% Smaller and Weighs About 5 Lbs. Less Than a Pre-1989 Production Starter but Provides More Cranking Power
- High-Output Motor with Internal Gear Reduction for More Cranking Power Than Stock
- Perfect Starter for Mustangs with High-Compression Engines and Tight Fitting Headers
- Makes More Room for Header Clearance
- Has a 3/4" Offset
- Fits Most 289, 302, 351C and 351W Engines with a 164-Tooth Transmission Flywheel/Flexplate
- Includes Special Battery Cables and Instructions
This Ford Performance (M-11000-MT164) High Torque Mini-Starter weighs in at about 5 lbs. less than a pre-1989 production starter and it's about 30% smaller. But don't let its size fool you! You'll still get more cranking power, and it's a perfect fit for vehicles with a high-compression engine and tight fitting headers. You'll get a high-output motor with internal gear reduction for more cranking power than stock, plus more room for header clearance! This mini-starter has a 3/4" offset and will fit most 289, 302, 351C and 351W engines with a 164-tooth flywheel/flexplate. When you place your order, you'll also get special battery cables and installation instructions.
- You must use a firewall solenoid with this mini-starter.
- Works with 164 tooth flywheel. This starter has a 3/4 in. offset. These are normally used on automatic transmission and late 5-speed manual transmission applications. It will not fit 3 or 4-speed manual transmissions.
California Residents: Proposition 65 Warning
Intermediate skill is required for this installation.