The Maximum Motorsports Steering Shaft Assembly eliminates rubber rag joints to sharpen steering feel on your Fox Body! Stock rag joints can cause uncomfortable amounts of play in the steering system, to the point that small inputs might not even be turning the wheels. Maximum Motorsports replaces rubber rag joints with race-quality needle-bearing U-joints. Your Mustang will respond to steering inputs more quickly and precisely!
Features and Benefits:
- Improves Steering Response
- Eliminates Deflection allowed by Stock Rag Joint
- Reduces Play at the Steering Wheel
- Telescoping Length (Accommodates different Steering Rack Position)
- Proudly Manufactured in the USA!
- Simple Installation
- U-Joints are Welded to the Shaft (No Set Screws)
- Attaches to Steering Rack with a Pinch Bolt Clamp (Just Like OEM)
- Pair of Race Quality Needle Bearing U-Joints
The Steering Shaft Assembly is constructed from a high-quality DD Shaft that includes a pair of race quality needle bearing U-joints. Maximum Motorsports welds the U-Joints in place to eliminate set screws, so they won’t come loose over time like rival aftermarket offerings. The Steering Shaft Assembly is telescoping, which will accommodate for different steering rack positions. This Steering Shaft Assembly attaches to the Steering Rack with a pinch style bolt clamp. The Maximum Motorsports Steering Shaft Assembly is proudly manufactured in the USA!
Please Note: This Maximum Motorsports Power Steering Shaft Assembly will NOT work with Flaming River Power Steering Racks.
Vehicle Fitment: 1979-1993 Mustangs with Factory Power Steering Rack