McLeod Aluminum Flywheels are ideal for higher horsepower engines and combinations that achieve high RPMs. Aluminum flywheels offer rapid throttle response, and improved overall performance. McLeod Aluminum Flywheels are CNC machined from 6061 T6 aluminum and come with a replaceable steel friction plate and 1045 steel hardened ring gear.
Please Note: Will not fit models with a V6 Engine or an Automatic transmission.
Tech Tip: Engines built in the Romeo plant have 6-bolt crankshafts and Windsor built engines have an 8-bolt crank. If the 8th character in your VIN is an "X" then it is a Windsor block. If the 8th character in the VIN is a "W" then it is a Romeo block. There is one exception, the 2001 Bullitt Mustang features a Romeo built engine. If you are not confident which setup you have, please check with your local Ford dealer to determine if you have a 6 or an 8-bolt main.
- Ring Gear: 164-Tooth (14.24” Diameter)
- Flywheel Material: 6061 T6 Aluminum
- Engine Balance: Internal Balance
- Clutch Pattern: 11” Diaphragm with Dowel Pin Holes
- Flywheel Balance: 0 oz. Neutral Balance
- Crankshaft to Flywheel: 6-Bolt Pattern
- 1996-1998 4.6L 2-Valve GT Mustangs
- 6/2001-2010 4.6L 2-Valve and 3-Valve GT Mustangs