This McLeod Steel Flywheel (463456) is Made in the USA and perfect for street applications, with enough weight to make acceleration from a stop easy. This steel flywheel is stronger than the OEM unit while still a direct bolt-in assembly. McLeod’s steel flywheels are CNC machined from billet alloy steel and have 1045 hardened steel ring gears.
- Ring Gear: 164-Tooth (14.24” Diameter)
- Flywheel Material: Billet Alloy Steel
- Engine Balance: Internal Balance
- Clutch Pattern: 11” Diaphragm with Dowel Pin Holes
- Flywheel Balance: 0 oz. Neutral Balance
- Crankshaft to Flywheel: 8-Bolt Pattern
- 1996-2004 SVT Cobra Mustangs
- 1999-2001 GT Mustangs
- 2003-2004 Mach 1 Mustangs
- 2011-2014 GT Mustangs
- 2012-2013 Boss 302 Mustangs
- Will NOT fit models with a V6 or an Automatic transmission.
Tech Tip: Engines built in the Romeo plant have 6-bolt crankshafts and Windsor built engines have an 8-bolt crank. If the 8th character in your VIN is an "X" then it is a Windsor block. But if the 8th character in the VIN is a "W" then it is a Romeo block. There is one exception, the 2001 Bullitt Mustang features a Romeo built engine. If you are not confident which setup you have, please check with your local Ford dealer to determine if you have a 6 or an 8-bolt main.