MSD Distributor Street Pro-Billet With Iron Gear For MSD 6/7/8 Series Ignition Box 260/289/302
- CNC Billet Aluminum Housing
- Adjustable Mechanical Advance
- Includes Iron Gear
- Carb Approved
MSD Street Pro-Billet Distributor with an Iron Gear for 260, 289 and 302 Engines with an MSD 6, MSD 7 or MSD 8 Series Ignition Box.
Do you need a new distributor for your 260, 289 or 302 engine with an MSD 6, MSD 7 or MSD 8 Series Ignition Box? If so, be sure to take a closer look at this MSD Street Pro-Billet Distributor with an Iron Gear that’s now available from CJ Pony Parts!
Features and Benefits:
- Includes Iron Gear
- Special Compact CNC-Machined Billet Aluminum Housing: 5/8" Smaller in Diameter Than Stock Ford Distributors
- Provides Extra Room in Front of Engine
- CNC-Machined Billet Aluminum Base
- Small-Diameter Cap with HEI-Style Terminals and Race Rotor (Will Accept 8441 Cap-A-Dapt)
- Cap Features Spark Plug-Style Terminals and Firmly Screwed Down to Housing
- Race-Proven Maintenance-Free Magnetic Pickup and Precision Reluctor Deliver Accurate Trigger Signals to MSD Ignition Throughout High RPM
- Reluctor Assembly Turned by Hardened Polished QPQ-Coated Steel Shaft that Rides in Sealed Ball Bearing for High RPM Stability and Endurance
- Easy-to-Adjust Mechanical Advance Mounted to Top of Shaft with Supplied Advance Springs and Stop Bushings
- Vacuum Advance Canister for Improved Economy (Can Be Locked Out)
- Advance Plate and Weights Fine-Blanked from Chrome Moly Steel and QPQ-Coated for Friction Reduction
- Mechanical Advance Assembly Can be Locked Out for Crank Trigger Systems
- Advance Weight Pins Staked and TIG-Welded to Plate
- Nylon Pads Ensure Smooth Operation of Advance Weights
- CARB E.O. Approved
This MSD (8479) Street Pro-Billet Distributor comes with an iron gear and features a special compact aluminum housing that’s 5/8" smaller in diameter than stock Ford distributors, which means you’ll have more room in the front of your engine! This distributor also features a CNC-machined billet aluminum base, and its small-diameter cap has HEI-style terminals and a race rotor with spark plug-style terminals. This distributor also has a race-proven maintenance-free magnetic pickup and precision reluctor to deliver accurate trigger signals to your MSD ignition throughout your entire range of RPMs! It’s got an easy-to-adjust mechanical advance mounted to the top of the shaft with supplied advance springs and stop bushings. This distributor has nylon pads that ensure smooth operation of the advance weights as well and is CARB E.O. approved.
- 1965-1973 Mustang
- 1966-1977 Bronco
- 1948-1979 F-100
Please Note: This MSD Distributor must be used with an MSD 6, MSD 7 or MSD 8 Series Ignition Box.
Order an MSD (8479) Street Pro-Billet Distributor with an Iron Gear for your 260, 289 or 302 Engine with an MSD 6, MSD 7 or MSD 8 Series Ignition Box from CJ Pony Parts today!
California Residents: Proposition 65 Warning
This product will fit the following Bronco years:
This product will fit the following F-100 years:
This product will fit the following Mustang years: