Product DescriptionSteeda Tri-Ax shifter for T-5 and T-45 manual transmissions. This will fit all 1983-2000 V8 Ford Mustangs and some 2001 V8 Mustangs*. Also fits 1987-1993 4 Cylinder and 1994-2004 V6 manual transmission Mustangs.
Steeda re-invented the Short Throw Shifter with the Tri-Ax model! This is the smoothest, most comfortable, quickest shifting, shortest throw shifter on the market.
- "Offset-Preload" coil springs find third gear for you - so you won't miss!
- Most comfortable hand position of any short throw shifter
- Two position adjustable height
- Shortest throw of any shifter
- Smooth, confident, precise shifts
- Exclusive BootGuard (prevents damage to factory rubber inner boot)
- Adjustable positive stops prevent over extending the shift lever, preventing costly transmission damage
- Compact tower design is easier to install
- CNC machined from billet 6061 T-6 aluminum
- Heavy duty construction. No welds, stampings, or castings to break
- Nickel plated pivot shaft won't rust or stain
- Grade 8 and stainless steel hardware
- Made in the USA
- Accepts factory & Steeda knobs
- Includes Steeda's exclusive Tri-Ax shift handle
- No complicated, unnecessary adjustments unlike competitive designs
- Free Tube of silicone included with your order!
* Note: If you have a 2001 Mustang, you must check your door tag for the transmission type.
6 = T-45
K = 3650
This shifter will not work on the Tremec 3650 transmission. You must use if you have a Tremec 3650.
Similar Mustang PartsMore Mustang Shifter Accessories
- Overall Rating: 5.0 / 5.0
- 11 Reviews
it took about a hour to install. would have been faster and i wouldnt have had to remove my center console but the person that rebuilt my tranny put way to much rtv so the console had to come out so i could pry the stock shifter from the tranny. ive never used a hurst or mgw so i dont have much to compere to. ive heard a lot of good things about the steeda tri ax and a few bad things. i dont see any problems with mine... i love it! had problems befor with going into reverse but now it slides right in with the tri ax. shifts are shorter and in my op smooth and not very notchy at all. all in all if i had to buy this again... i would. even tho im not gonna have to cuz this thing is rock solid and will last for many many years to come.
This shfter is a great upgrade for you fox body, gear changes a WAY more precise. And if you do the adjustment rifgt youll never miss the infamous 2-3rd gear. It's a must have
I just bought a Tremec TKO 600 and with it a Steeda-Ax shifter. I have no complaints and shifting is literally fool proof. No missed shifts and 2nd to 3rd is very predictable and no problems.Yes, I would buy another one tommorow.
Very happy with not only the product itself, but had great service by Joe on the phone. Very smooth and precise shifting. I am on the low end on skill level with doing upgrades or repairs with out help, and this upgrade was done in my garage in a matter of about 30-45 minutes. Installed a new Cobra ball to finish it up. Thumbs up!!
Love everything about this shifter - short throw (even with taller setting), smooth SOLID positive feel, and spring loaded so shifting from 2nd to 3rd is a straight shot. Being a performance shifter there is less dampening between the shifter and the handle which brings more noise into the passenger compartment, but it's not a distraction - actually sounds pretty good when winding-out 3rd. Installation instructions clearly addressed everything. I also took advantage of having the transmission opened up by replacing the fluid with a synthetic (Royal Purple) during the shifter install.
You Might Also Like
Retail Price: $45.00
CJ's Low Price: $43.99
Retail Price: $49.95
CJ's Low Price: $41.99
CJ's Low Price: $38.99